Roch: Hendrickson to take Matusz's spot

JTrea81

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that the article says Tillman will make a few more starts...A few weeks ago, it was 2-3 more...Now, it sounds like another 2...That's fine with me but just thought it was interesting that they changed their minds.

To me, he's the one who looks a little tired, not Matusz. In his first few outings, Tillman was hitting 93-96 mph on his fastball. More recently, he's been sitting in the 89-92 range. Maybe it's a matter of what he is trying to do, rather than being tired, but to me they need to be careful with Tillman, who after all is a year younger than Matusz.

To me, he's the one who looks a little tired, not Matusz. In his first few outings, Tillman was hitting 93-96 mph on his fastball. More recently, he's been sitting in the 89-92 range. Maybe it's a matter of what he is trying to do, rather than being tired, but to me they need to be careful with Tillman, who after all is a year younger than Matusz.

Yeah, Matusz just looks like he has an easier time of it.

Maybe they think Tillman can get more benefit from another start or two. Not sure what Matusz needs to do differently, while Chris is clearly in mid-learning-curve. I have no idea what they're doing, but they might be telling him to focus on just 1 thing (2 max) for another start or two...

There's a reason why I have become more of a lurker over the last weeks....threads like this. :rolleyes:

At this point in the season pitchin' a bit-- about Mark H starting and why we have not signed of all people one Roddy Lopez!!!!!

And, another thing....Get out!

There's a reason why I have become more of a lurker over the last weeks....threads like this. :rolleyes:

At this point in the season pitchin' a bit-- about Mark H starting and why we have not signed of all people one Roddy Lopez!!!!!

And, another thing....Get out!

I agree completely with this post.

I figured I would log on and see someone complain about Hendrickson getting Matusz' spot in the rotation. None of Waters, Bass, or Lambert deserve the starts, though they will all probably get in the games Hendrickson starts.

JTrea always finding something to complain about. FOUR starts? Who cares who takes them. You're probably happy we will lose all those games now and get a better draft position. You would complain in October if we signed Lopez and missed the #2 pick by 1 win because that is what Lopez gave us over the bullpen corps.

I opened this thread because I saw the title and didn't see who posted it. I wanted to read about Matusz. Now I can't get the ridiculous complaint that says we should have picked up Rodrigo Lopez out of my head. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

Wahhh wahhh wahh, Andy MacPhail hates to win; Wahh wahh wahhh he won't spend money on free agents; wahh wahh wahh *some other ridiculous complaint*. Hopefully, this crap will end soon, see you folks later.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a sign of mental illness to simultaneously be the leading cheerleader for the

1) "Let's lose as much as possible to improve our chances to draft some teenager that may or may not ever play major league baseball" camp

and the

2) "I'm going to have a coniption because my team's GM won't sign some retread to make less than a handful of starts because he's going to give them to an inhouse retread instead" camp

???

P.S. -- Adam Eaton and Sidney Ponson are also available. That's two more potential threads right there.

So Rodrigo hasn't gone deep into a game for about a month yet he is going to get us 6 IP, in the AL no less, but Hendrickson, who hasn't been stretched out, can't do this?

Is this a serious post?

Billy Beane was or is interested...

The Athletics have some interest in pursuing Lopez. Oakland picked up veteran Brett Tomko earlier this year, to help offset the innings limitations on some of their young pitchers, and may be interested in doing the same with Lopez.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors?date=20090909#2799

And Lopez last pitched on Sept 4th pitching 7 innings with 2 ER for the Phillies AAA team.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=150438

Well then, THIS...THIS changes everything....sign RoddyLO...NOW!!

:rolleyes:

Pardon JTrea, but this is a road that is going nowhere!

Well who gives us a better chance to win, Mark Hendrickson with a 6.35 ERA as a starter or Rodgrio Lopez with a 3.62 ERA?

We know Hendrickson is going to stink and not be able to give us 5 IP. So why not give Lopez a shot? What do we have to lose?

Well who gives us a better chance to win, Mark Hendrickson with a 6.35 ERA as a starter or Rodgrio Lopez with a 3.62 ERA?

We know Hendrickson is going to stink and not be able to give us 5 IP. So why not give Lopez a shot? What do we have to lose?

What do you care about winning Mr. "I almost wish we could forfeit the rest of the season if it would get us (Bryce) Harper."?

Archived