Ricciardi needs to have his head examined

ChaosLex

So what did the Red Sox actually offer for Halladay? SI's Jon Heyman heard Buchholz, Masterson, Bowden, Hagadone, and a positional prospect.
ESPN's Peter Gammons echoes Heyman's report, and adds that Josh Reddick is the positional prospect that would have gone to Toronto.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/09/red-sox-offered-6-pitchers-for-halladay.html

How in the hell you can turn down all that talent is beyond me? Wow... just wow.

Wow,, theres no way that deal gets turned down. I mean, what else could you honestly ask for from Boston? Id honestly rather have that package than Halladay. You can really build your team around that. Hagadone may end up being a reliever, but Masterson, Buchholz and Bowden is a futre top 3 of a rotation. IMO this package equvialent to us would be Tillman(Buchholz), Arrieta(Bowden), Britton(Masterson), Erbe(Hagadone) and Snyder(Reddick). What a way to absolutely tear your young pipeline to shreads.

On a side note though, I doubt that was the offer, I dont think I can remember ever hearing such a premium package for anyone....ever.....Thats more than the Bedard deal....

Archived