UF vs. Tenn

dorfmac

Being one of the premier match-ups this weekend, if for no other reason than the animosity between the coaches, we gotta have a thread for it.

And I say for no other reason because the Gators are going to destroy UT. What Kiffin has said over the off-season is worse than when UGA rushed the field, so I expect Meyer's retribution to be even greater and more embarrassing than the time outs at the end of the game.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the two teams I save that special kind of hatred for (I don't even wish Auburn the ill will I wish these two teams). I hope a swarm of locusts engulfs the stadium and causes both teams to lose.

That said, Florida is going to kick the living crap out of Tennessee, which I could get some enjoyment out of. Kiffykins is a cocky little annoyance who needs to be dealt with.

So is Tebow.

Typical anti-UF sentiment and Tebow backlash. He was a great guy long before the cameras started shining on him, and he doesn't ask for the attention. He's passionate about what he does - just like we want to see our O's be. Just cause ESPN hypes him up does not make HIM cocky...

As for the game I gotta agree - UT is going to get wrecked. I'm calling 53 - 17 with some specific act performed with the goal of embarassing Kiffin a la last years final minute UGA time outs.

Typical anti-UF sentiment and Tebow backlash. He was a great guy long before the cameras started shining on him, and he doesn't ask for the attention. He's passionate about what he does - just like we want to see our O's be. Just cause ESPN hypes him up does not make HIM cocky...

As for the game I gotta agree - UT is going to get wrecked. I'm calling 53 - 17 with some specific act performed with the goal of embarassing Kiffin a la last years final minute UGA time outs.

I agree... The Tebow backlash doens't make a lot of sense to me especially when there is a Gator (Urban Meyer) who is at least Lane's equal when it comes to being an annoyance.

I agree... The Tebow backlash doens't make a lot of sense to me especially when there is a Gator (Urban Meyer) who is at least Lane's equal when it comes to being an annoyance.

Tebow's problem is he's too damn perfect.* He's a choir boy that I'm pretty sure doesn't drink, doesn't have sex, goes on mission trips (to cut the foreskin off of young Filipino boys!), gives 120% on every play, etc, etc, etc. Being too perfect is an imperfection in and of itself and it breeds a lot of contempt from us mere mortals. That's why Wieters didn't bust out right away, he wanted us to like him.

I agree on Urban Meyer, what a Bordick.

*Also, he spurned Bama for Florida. But can you blame him? Mike Shula was our coach at the time. Yuck.

Tebow's problem is he's too damn perfect.* He's a choir boy that I'm pretty sure doesn't drink, doesn't have sex, goes on mission trips (to cut the foreskin off of young Filipino boys!), gives 120% on every play, etc, etc, etc. Being too perfect is an imperfection in and of itself and it breeds a lot of contempt from us mere mortals. That's why Wieters didn't bust out right away, he wanted us to like him.

Good theory. :)

Tebow is the left handed spread offense running version of Danny Wuerffel.

I agree on Urban Meyer, what a Bordick.

*Also, he spurned Bama for Florida. But can you blame him? Mike Shula was our coach at the time. Yuck.

I thought that was called jealousy...;)

These are the two teams I save that special kind of hatred for (I don't even wish Auburn the ill will I wish these two teams). I hope a swarm of locusts engulfs the stadium and causes both teams to lose.

That said, Florida is going to kick the living crap out of Tennessee, which I could get some enjoyment out of. Kiffykins is a cocky little annoyance who needs to be dealt with.

While I dislike the Creamsicles, I'd get on my roof and sing Rocky Top if they beat the 'Turds on Saturday.

Archived