9/16 Rays @ O's

24HOR

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounded right in my head. It did look nice though, so hopefully he can keep it down.

Matt with the Sac Fly. 1-0 O's.

Haha, no worries. I'm not watching the game, just following online.

Did you mean it was just a high curve ball - started really high and broke down to just high - but it was still sharp? A hanging curve is one that is supposed to break down but the spin isn't tight and it just floats up there.

Haha, no worries. I'm not watching the game, just following online.

Did you mean it was just a high curve ball - started really high and broke down to just high - but it was still sharp? A hanging curve is one that is supposed to break down but the spin isn't tight and it just floats up there.

Nail on the head. I do know what a hanging breaking ball is but was caught up in its movement:laughlol:. This is the first time I have been able to see it. It's nice, especially in Black and Orange.

These are contradictory terms.

I would say that a hanging curveball doesnt necessarily mean that it doesnt break much, it could be 1 of 2 things, either it doesnt break much therefor stays high, or it could have excellent break on it, yet the location is up in the zone. It doesnt matter how much it breaks, if its up in the zone it can get crushed and therefor it will be called hanging.....Now, apparently, the curve he threw broke a good amount, but was up in the zone....Id consider that hanging.....

How does Tillman look tonite though? Lots of flyballs is he pitching up in the zone?

I would say that a hanging curveball doesnt necessarily mean that it doesnt break much, it could be 1 of 2 things, either it doesnt break much therefor stays high, or it could have excellent break on it, yet the location is up in the zone. It doesnt matter how much it breaks, if its up in the zone it can get crushed and therefor it will be called hanging.....Now, apparently, the curve he threw broke a good amount, but was up in the zone....Id consider that hanging.....

How does Tillman look tonite though? Lots of flyballs is he pitching up in the zone?

He has been down, but the pitches he has thrown up in the zone have had enough movement where they can't get a lot on the bat. The wind is carrying a little too.

He has been down, but the pitches he has thrown up in the zone have had enough movement where they can't get a lot on the bat. The wind is carrying a little too.

Nice....Im happy to see/hear that he hasnt been overthrowing like he had been earlier in the season, and now he is getting that good natual movement on the fastball that is scouting reports all said he had.

Nice, Tillman should get some credit too, if Tillman wasnt holding him well, theres no way they catch him...Im guessing we are talking about Crawford right?

Agreed. Tillman did a nice job as well. Yes, it was Crawford. His 13 CS.

Roberts on to open the bottom of the 4th.

Wow, Tillman being nice and pitch efficient, at this rate over 100 pitches he in line for about 9 innings of work....

I wonder why that they dont keep track of pitches over the course of the season rather than IP. I mean 1 IP could be 3 pitches or as many as 40 or more pitches...such a large margin for error, and then at the end of the season, if your pitcher had some rough outings in which he threw 30 or 40 pitches, that could only look like he threw 150 IP that year, but in actuality based off of the number f pitches he threw become equivalent to 200IP. Im just thinking outloud I guess and wondering if theyd pull Tillman in say the 7th inning after having thrown 75 pitches to keep his innings down....

Archived