Staff at cryo lab used Ted Williams' head for batting practice

Skeletor

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/10/02/2009-10-02_book_reveals_chilling_details_of_how_cryonic_lab_thumped_remains_of_baseball_imm.html

Johnson writes that in July 2002, shortly after the Red Sox slugger died at age 83, technicians with no medical certification gleefully photographed and used crude equipment to decapitate the majors' last .400 hitter.

Williams' severed head was then frozen, and even used for batting practice by a technician trying to dislodge it from a tuna fish can.

That's no way to treat the frozen head of the best hitter who ever lived.

EDIT: The article may be disturbing to children under 10.

Hopefully John Henry dropped another level in Hell when this came out.

You mean John Henry Williams, Ted's son who is responsible for putting him in deep freeze, right? I don't think John Henry the Red Sox owner had anything to do with this.

Although for all we know, John Henry Williams' head may be being batted around the meat locker, too; I think he was also put in deep freeze.

You mean John Henry Williams, Ted's son who is responsible for putting him in deep freeze, right? I don't think John Henry the Red Sox owner had anything to do with this.

Although for all we know, John Henry Williams' head may be being batted around the meat locker, too; I think he was also put in deep freeze.

Yeah. I was hoping it wouldn't be confusing. Of course, who knows where the other one will end up after running the Sox? :laughlol:

I have some words for this ... if true I would love to stuff the punks who did this head in a can and then play "kick the can." Or better yet kick the can off the Grand Canyon!:cussing:

I agree completely. Or drop them in the cryo-vat while they are still living. I dislike Red Sox, except Ted.

That is just plain disturbing and no way to treat the remains of any human being, much less someone the stature of Ted Williams. And I really don't get this cryogenics thing. Why would they have severed his head? If by some chance science does find a way to revive a deceased person that's been frozen, now they are also going to have to figure out how to reattach his head? :confused:

That is just plain disturbing and no way to treat the remains of any human being' date=' much less someone the stature of Ted Williams. And I really don't get this cryogenics thing. Why would they have severed his head? If by some chance science does find a way to revive a deceased person that's been frozen, now they are also going to have to figure out how to reattach his head? :confused:[/quote']Maybe they will sew it to a 20y old body so he can paly again.

That is just plain disturbing and no way to treat the remains of any human being' date=' much less someone the stature of Ted Williams. And I really don't get this cryogenics thing. Why would they have severed his head? If by some chance science does find a way to revive a deceased person that's been frozen, now they are also going to have to figure out how to reattach his head? :confused:[/quote']

Not only was he probably the greatest Major League hitter who ever lived he was a WWII combat veteran - fighter pilot and that was even more impressive and anyone who disgraces a combat veteran's remains ought to be dealt with by life in prisonment at a minimum. This is worse than setting the American flag on fire! There is no excuse whatsover for this type of behavior.

Archived