Who are you rooting for - Tigers or Twins?

Frobby

Who do you want to win the playoff game  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the playoff game

• Tigers - the city of Detroit needs it
    • Twins - love to see the big comeback

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I hate games like this! I have a mild affection for both of these teams and really didn't want to see either of them lose.

Man, I love games like this! Edge of the seat tension throughout.

Congratulations to the Twins. Now go beat the ATMs!

Man, I hate games like this! I have a mild affection for both of these teams and really didn't want to see either of them lose.

Man, I love games like this! Edge of the seat tension throughout.

Congratulations to the Twins. Now go beat the ATMs!

Classic!

but you must spread around rep yada....

When you are smart and do things fundamentally correct, you are in most games and always have a chance to win.

These guys are so well coached and so smart and do all the little things right.

I would rather have Gardenhire than any pitcher or bat that we could add to the Orioles.

Gardenhire was a coach on Kelly's staff for years and they basically have kept the staff in tact for all these years. That continuity has to count for something. 5 titles in 8 years with that payroll, losing Santana, Hunter..etc. The trade for Nathan, Liriano, and Bonser. Man, just so impressive what they've done.

I don't think they can beat New York, but hopefully they'll play smart like Rob said and maybe, just maybe the Yankees beat themselves.

Gardenhire was a coach on Kelly's staff for years and they basically have kept the staff in tact for all these years. That continuity has to count for something. 5 titles in 8 years with that payroll, losing Santana, Hunter..etc. The trade for Nathan, Liriano, and Bonser. Man, just so impressive what they've done.

I don't think they can beat New York, but hopefully they'll play smart like Rob said and maybe, just maybe the Yankees beat themselves.

Its a shame Morneau isn't healthy and that Liriano isn't what he was before the TJ surgery.

Really amazing to think they won the division and did it in September with those 2 giving them next to nothing.

Honestly, while I did say I’d be rooting for the Tigers, my face lit up any time either team did something kickarsed. The choice as to which team to root for in the upcoming series requires no thought. Now it is onto NY with very little rest for the Twinkies. Minnesota may have the Mall of America but the MFY have the Mall Park of America. Go Twins!

For all the talk about how the Twins play the game right and don't screw up, it's not true. They screwed up a lot, just in the 1-game playoff vs. DET. They would have won it in, what, the 10th if their guy on 3B with 1 out had just tagged up properly. Instead, he got thrown out at the plate because he had to go back *after* it was caught and tag up. So, instead of winning the game right there, it was an inning-ending DP. Then, right at the end, their LF threw to the wrong base, letting DET have guys at 2nd and 3rd instead of 1st and 3rd, thus taking away the DP opportunity. They showed Gardenhire in the dugout throwing up his hands about that one.

Now, maybe they screw up less than other teams, beats me, I don't know how to tell. But they had 2 major screw-ups just in the extra-inning part of a 1-game playoff. And both of them were about fundamentals. One of them was the kind of baserunning mistake that, if an Oriole did it during a meaningless game, people would be having an absolute fit and calling for DT's head on a platter. Yet the Twins make 2 fundamental blunders in extra innings in a game that decides whether they make the postseason or just go home, and everybody says they have the fundamentals down? Why? They obviously don't. They had 2 major brain farts after inning #9 in Game #163.

For all the talk about how the Twins play the game right and don't screw up, it's not true. They screwed up a lot, just in the 1-game playoff vs. DET. They would have won it in, what, the 10th if their guy on 3B with 1 out had just tagged up properly. Instead, he got thrown out at the plate because he had to go back *after* it was caught and tag up. So, instead of winning the game right there, it was an inning-ending DP. Then, right at the end, their LF threw to the wrong base, letting DET have guys at 2nd and 3rd instead of 1st and 3rd, thus taking away the DP opportunity. They showed Gardenhire in the dugout throwing up his hands about that one.

Now, maybe they screw up less than other teams, beats me, I don't know how to tell. But they had 2 major screw-ups just in the extra-inning part of a 1-game playoff. And both of them were about fundamentals. One of them was the kind of baserunning mistake that, if an Oriole did it during a meaningless game, people would be having an absolute fit and calling for DT's head on a platter. Yet the Twins make 2 fundamental blunders in extra innings in a game that decides whether they make the postseason or just go home, and everybody says they have the fundamentals down? Why? They obviously don't. They had 2 major brain farts after inning #9 in Game #163.

Least amount of errors in the league.

Least amount of walks allowed in the league.

Doesn't mean they're perfect, but they tend to make the most out what they have.

Archived