Who is the #7 prospect?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #7 prospect?

• Jake Arrieta
    • Brandon Erbe
    • Mychal Givens
    • Matt Hobgood
    • Brandon Snyder

Maybe not, but his Baysox numbers are in the ballpark with Arrieta and Erbe and Patton. I know most guys think differently (including Tony) but I'd rather start off drafted high-schoolers a little lower down. I'm talking to you Hobgood. I wouldn't have Hobgood and certainly not Givens this high at this point in their careers. Show us something then we'll talk.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks again! I have been reading your reports on Erbe and know that you were at most of his starts (if not all) after he came back from the DL and also spoke to him. I don't know if Tony did the same, but, I doubt he had the time although I am sure he will state if he did. So, if Tony did not see Erbe as much as you did, plus he still states there is a hop in his delivery which I know others besides you have stated that was fixed, then I definitely take your analysis over his. Some managers/scouts in the EL thought that Erbe was better than Arrieta according to Manual (BA). That also indicates that Erbe may be under rated here. Personally, I think he is and would rate him higher than Hobgood and most likely Britton since he is dominating at AA, a level higher at the same age.

Wow.......... I'm going to say this is a calmly as I can. You can have any opinion you like. You can take the opinion of some kid I let do some stuff for me this year over me, the pitching coach, the manager, and two professional scouts. I'm going to guess that there are probably a whole lot of other people that might just give me a little more credit.

Wow.......... I'm going to say this is a calmly as I can. You can have any opinion you like. You can take the opinion of some kid I let do some stuff for me this year over me, the pitching coach, the manager, and two professional scouts. I'm going to guess that there are probably a whole lot of other people that might just give me a little more credit.

Not impugning you, or those you consult with, just have seen what others besides AllStar have said about the "hop" and his pitches. I'm like WickedWitch, I look at various sources and those seemed to be more in line with what AllStar stated then the snippets that I read from you on Erbe. I come here, pay my fees and read your analysis. I sure wouldn't do that if I didn't believe that you had good "stuff".:)

Since my "infamous" post:), I have read your write-up on Erbe. Not bad to have a potential "Orioles Papalbon", whom I recall also was moved to closer due to concerns with his shoulder and delivery. This is quite a good write-up for the #7 prospect.

Archived