#7 prospect : RHP - Brandon Erbe

Tony-OH

I'm sure a lot of people and scouts would agree with you, but I'd take Britton. What can a say? I'm a sucker for a left-handed ground ball machine that can miss bats.

Hey, it's good news that Britton warrants such confidence. Even if the rest of us aren't quite there with you. I think anyone would be pleased with a rotation like this in three years:

Matusz

Tillman

Britton

Hobgood

Berry/Erbe/etc.

I mean, if those guys even come close to their upside, it's a lot of variety, and a lot of talent. And the entire rotation would be under 27.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, it's good news that Britton warrants such confidence. Even if the rest of us aren't quite there with you. I think anyone would be pleased with a rotation like this in three years:

Matusz

Tillman

Britton

Hobgood

Berry/Erbe/etc.

I mean, if those guys even come close to their upside, it's a lot of variety, and a lot of talent. And the entire rotation would be under 27.

Perhaps more importantly, it would be great to have:

Matusz/Tillman

Britton

Arrieta

Bergesen

Player X

and be able to move one of Matusz/Tillman in 3/4 years for 2 or 3 players to help keep high quality, cost controlled talent coming in. Having Britton develop into a mid-rotation or better arm would make moving one of Matusz/Tillman more bearable.

Maybe BAL doesn't think this way, but it seems like the type of move that would make sense provided the young pitchers establish themselves.

Perhaps more importantly, it would be great to have:

Matusz/Tillman

Britton

Arrieta

Bergesen

Player X

and be able to move one of Matusz/Tillman in 3/4 years for 2 or 3 players to help keep high quality, cost controlled talent coming in. Having Britton develop into a mid-rotation or better arm would make moving one of Matusz/Tillman more bearable.

Maybe BAL doesn't think this way, but it seems like the type of move that would make sense provided the young pitchers establish themselves.

The development of these guys is going to open up a lot of choices/possibilities, whatever direction the O's want to go. It would be nice if, in three years, we didn't need to parlay established arms into prospects but it's always an option. Think Beckett for Hanley+.

Archived