Glaring Difference In Comparing Orioles to Angels and Yankees!

Old#5fan

I'll stick my nose in here where it doesn't belong just to say that being called "Dude" sets me off too. It happened to me on here a few years ago...its just one of those triggers. Now, let me get out of here to make room for more snide remarks.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can't take a joke in stride, then I don't know what to tell you. If that is your real opinion of me, then I completely understand why you have no credibility, nor garner any respect.

I don't need to go into my intellectual achievements that you most definitely didn't achieve at the ages I have, nor the respect and credibility I have within several key organizations in the state of Delaware...

...dude.:rofl:

Too bad you didn't name those organizations who you proclaim hold you in such great esteem so I could send them this post so they could correct their faulty assessment! Its called documentary evidence!:laughlol:

You know what? This thread is actually becoming fun. Perhaps they should have a separate thread category where you are allowed to bash each other just for the fun of it. They could call it "Hammer time" where you can hammer anyone for fun. Sort of like a roast thread. This could allow everyone to blow off steam yet with impunity? I would be game for it anyday of the week.

I think Uehara and Johnson are good enough to pitch in the bullpen for most teams in the game. I think Meredith and Hendrickson could pitch in the bullpen for half of the teams in the league. That just isn't good enough in the AL East. This team could use a start reliever and another one or two above average relievers. I have mentioned this on numerous occasions, but I would like to see the Orioles deal Scott to the Cubs for Marmol and Caridad (I like that kid).

On the flip side once some of our young starters find their true calling and shore up our starting rotation we should see a number of quality pitchers moved to the bullpen. The Yankees have Hughes and Chamberlin in the bullpen! I pray for a day when the Orioles can move guys like Tillman and Arrieta to the bullpen without sacrificing their starting rotation.

You do realize that:

1) They're using a 3 man rotation

2) They wanted Hughes in the rotation, and he just hasn't been good enough there. He's been lights out in the 'pen

3) They wanted Joba in the rotation, and he just hasn't been good enough to warrant keeping him there in the postseason.

4) They're using a 3 man rotation

I bet if we could use a 3 man rotation all year long we could afford to have Tillman and Arrieta in the bullpen :D

First of all I am not a "dude" as you chose to call me. How old are you anyway? This ain't the roaring 80's any more. How would you like it if I addressed you as "junior?" Anyway, you know what you can do with your consensus and your approach of acting like you are speaking for the silent majority or masses of this board. Unlike you, I graduated from high school and silly clicques over 36 years ago so I could care less about that sort of crap.

Believe me you may be delusional enough to think you are but you assuredly are not the board spokemaster here. If this board was made up of posters who call each other "dude" I would probably want to leap off a moving freight train. Fortunately is isnt, thank God! There are actually grownups posting here, which is what I see when I look in a mirror. So maybe you should worry about yourself instead of me when giving unsolicited advice.

Dude is not meant as a derogatory term like "junior" and "son" are. You don't refer to your friends as "junior" or "son", do you? I preface sentences with "dude" all the time (bad habit, I admit) when I'm speaking with friends. You took that completely the wrong way. And not only that, but your overreaction tends to show you as somewhat different than the picture you are trying to paint (not to mention using the whole age thing as a way to talk down to others is what you are complaining about in the first place, and therefore hypocritical).

Then apparently you have been out of time since you began posting here, same as your highly mature Ledzep8 buddy eh? Do you guys get together and play tiddly winks in your basement? If not I can only imagine you both spend your time on productive ventures similar to that eh?

The mere abject absurdity of someone using the term "dude" while trying to lecture a 54 year old man like me, who has been around the block more than a few times is probably one of the most humorous things that has ever happened here! :rofl::rofl::mwahaha::laughlol:

Do you ever get tired of playing the age card? We all know you're old (er). That doesn't automatically make you smarter than everyone else on here. All we have to do is look at your posts to see that, now don't we?;):rolleyes:

And seriously, only someone like you would take offense to someone calling you "dude", as if that's demeaning or something. Would you have preferred "Gramps", "Old timer" or "You old fart" or something like that?

You do realize that:

1) They're using a 3 man rotation

2) They wanted Hughes in the rotation, and he just hasn't been good enough there. He's been lights out in the 'pen

3) They wanted Joba in the rotation, and he just hasn't been good enough to warrant keeping him there in the postseason.

4) They're using a 3 man rotation

I bet if we could use a 3 man rotation all year long we could afford to have Tillman and Arrieta in the bullpen :D

Dude is not meant as a derogatory term like "junior" and "son" are. You don't refer to your friends as "junior" or "son", do you? I preface sentences with "dude" all the time (bad habit, I admit) when I'm speaking with friends. You took that completely the wrong way. And not only that, but your overreaction tends to show you as somewhat different than the picture you are trying to paint (not to mention using the whole age thing as a way to talk down to others is what you are complaining about in the first place, and therefore hypocritical).

I refer to my son as "son" so I don't know if he counts as a friend. :P Seriously, I used to be called son or sonny when I was younger by older people all the time and never thought that to be derogative in the least.Then again, I respected old people as I was taught. Now that concept seems to have vanished like the Wooly Mammoth, which is sad. :(

Furthermore, I do not consider "junior" derogative as I actually am a Junior, named after my father. So it must just be a generational thing as anybody who calls me son or junior I never would have even thought of it at all as being derogatory. Now, this stupid "Dude" is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It reminds me of a whole lot of moronic characters in various movies or some city slicker at a ranch who doesn't know the back end of a cow from the front (yes I grew up on a farm). So yes, it is of a derogatory nature in my view.

I refer to my son as "son" so I don't know if he counts as a friend. I used to be called that when I was younger by older people all the time and never thought that to be derogative. Furthermore, neither do I consider "junior" derogative as I actually am a Junior, named after my father. So it must just be a generational thing as anybody who calls me son or junior I never would have even thought of it at all as being derogatory. Now, this stupid "Dude" is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It reminds me of a whole llot of moronic characters in various movies. So yes, it is of a derogatory nature in my view.

Does it not surprise anyone else that he thinks it's perfectly acceptable (not that I really care) to use the terms "son" or "Junior" when talking down to someone and inserting his wise old man seniority crap, but has a conniption fit about being called "dude"?

Geez, what if I had called him "Chief" or "Bucko" or something like that?

I'll stick my nose in here where it doesn't belong just to say that being called "Dude" sets me off too. It happened to me on here a few years ago...its just one of those triggers. Now, let me get out of here to make room for more snide remarks.

To me it is far more disrespectful than a senior citizen calling some 20 something a "kid" or "son" or "junior" which seems to get these same "Dude" callers to get their panties in a bunch. Talk about a double standard. They want respect, haven't earned it yet, and don't want to give it!:angryfire:

Fact of the matter to me is anyone who is young enough to be an offspring of someone else should never be offended at being called, "kid" or "son" or "junior" as the age difference is enough for this to be true. If a 75 or 80 year old calls me "kid" or "son" or "junior" I personally would love it! In fact I did have one call me a "young man" about a year ago and I thought it was great! Nor did I ever mind it when I was young (as in my twenties or thirties). :clap3:

Nothing if you are "Dude" age as in a teenager or 20 something. Would you call your father or grandfather "Dude?" (I doubt it).

Ah, it's just one of those things that one generation thinks is a big deal and another generation can't figure out what all the fuss is for. We've grown up using "dude" as a way to address another person in a familiar and very casual way. I can't imagine anyone intending disrespect by using the word "dude".

That said, the definitions that Google provides sort of contradict me, and are funny in their own right.

fellow: an informal form of address for a man; "Say, fellow, what are you doing?"; "Hey buster, what's up?"

dandy: a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance

If anyone ever said to me, "Say, fellow, what are you doing?" I'd look at them suspiciously and walk away quickly.

And the Free Online dictionary makes it sound like a compliment.

1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.

2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.

I bet OldFan is a sharp dresser.

Too bad you didn't name those organizations who you proclaim hold you in such great esteem so I could send them this post so they could correct their faulty assessment! Its called documentary evidence!:laughlol:

You know what? This thread is actually becoming fun. Perhaps they should have a separate thread category where you are allowed to bash each other just for the fun of it. They could call it "Hammer time" where you can hammer anyone for fun. Sort of like a roast thread. This could allow everyone to blow off steam yet with impunity? I would be game for it anyday of the week.

If you are that concerned, please address them to:

-University of Delaware President Patrick Harker

-Delmarva Bloodbank Board of Directors

-American Cancer Society of Delaware

They will kindly take 5 seconds to shred/delete whatever nonsense you send them, dude. BTW, if you have that much free time that you can personally pick people out on a message board to disrespect and follow up with outside sources, then maybe you should find a hobby.

Thank you for so kindly making things personal because you have nothing better to do and as my original post pointed out, you fail to take time to ever make a real contribution to this board, because frankly, you have to actually put effort and thought into meaningful things. Just because you are 54, it doesnt mean you have wisdom. At the ripe age of 21, I already understand how to respect other people and their beliefs, even if I don't agree with them!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Archived