Will you miss the "insider info" this offseason?

ChaosLex

Will you miss the "insider info" this offseason?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Will you miss the "insider info" this offseason?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that this question has been asked a couple of times in the thread but I do not see an answer posted:

What is behind this poll? Why is there no "insider" information available this offseason? Did the "insiders" agree not to post anything they here? Are the "insiders" no longer "inside" in any way shape or form? I am assuming the latter...

I also think the CIA should talk with MacPhail as far as keeping things hush-hush.

I see that this question has been asked a couple of times in the thread but I do not see an answer posted:

What is behind this poll? Why is there no "insider" information available this offseason? Did the "insiders" agree not to post anything they here? Are the "insiders" no longer "inside" in any way shape or form? I am assuming the latter...

I also think the CIA should talk with MacPhail as far as keeping things hush-hush.

I could be wrong, but I believe they were driven out by the whiners who didn't understand the whole process and rather just ignore a thread they didn't' care for they chose to whine and complain throwing tantrums until they got their way.

I could be wrong, but I believe they were driven out by the whiners who didn't understand the whole process and rather just ignore a thread they didn't' care for they chose to whine and complain throwing tantrums until they got their way.

Wow, they threatened to do it a thousand times, but I never thought they'd actually take their balls and go home. Can't say I blame them, though. I'll kind of miss them - they were entertaining, as long as you knew to take everything they said with a grain of salt.

Yes, I will miss it...But I won't miss the cry babies who whined about it and never understood the concept of it.

I agree with this. The so-called insiders would make a point of telling people that they were just passing along what they'd heard. But then some people would get steamed and have an absolute fit when something different happened. Some folks just aren't emotionally equipped to handle third-hand stories...

Wow, they threatened to do it a thousand times, but I never thought they'd actually take their balls and go home. Can't say I blame them, though. I'll kind of miss them - they were entertaining, as long as you knew to take everything they said with a grain of salt.

I may be wrong here, and Tony or somebody else can correct me if I am, but I recall seeing something from him or another admin posting that they asked them not to share inside info on the board...

Did I miss something? Are people not allowed to post "insider info" anymore?

I just found what Tony said from a thread on the very same topic in July:

Honestly, we felt like some of those who had "inside" information either lost their close sources or their sources had become third hand information. We asked some to just post as fans and not pass it on since although it did give us a lot of traffic, it wasn't worth the trouble in the long run when it came down to the amount of arguing and so forth.

Also, I think MacPhail by nature does things in a much greater vacuum than his predecessors so in turn, it was harder to get accurate information out.

Guest rbrhett
The site is bigger then the inside information. It easier to speak privately then to put it on the board in general. Again, the board doesn't need any inside info to be the best O's site around.

And so an insider speaks. I will admit, you guys are one of the major reasons I have checked this board religiously since Dec 2003. I was looking for "inside" information back then and I found it. Sure, it wasn't always accurate, but who cares? That is what makes "rumors" fun, all of the possibility.

Remember, the "hot stove" came from the idea that guys would stand around a hot stove in the off season and talk about the rumors, info, etc, of their favorite team. Nothing is set in stone until it happens.

I wish you fellas would keep posting insider info. I'm sorry to see it go.

The problem isn't the insiders. I think almost everyone on here appreciates getting their info.

The problem is when the info isn't accurate. Almost every insider post begins with "take this for what it's worth" but people treat it as gospel and lose their freaking minds when things go wrong (I'm probably guilty of this once or twice as well).

We're a passionate community here, I'll give us that.

The problem isn't the insiders. I think almost everyone on here appreciates getting their info.

The problem is when the info isn't accurate. Almost every insider post begins with "take this for what it's worth" but people treat it as gospel and lose their freaking minds when things go wrong (I'm probably guilty of this once or twice as well).

I get what you mean, and totally agree. Not sure I would have phrased it as "info not accurate" however. The info was typically about our organization discussing players on interest. Some to a higher degree than others. Not sure how conveying discussions are taking place could be disproved. I suppose at times an insider may have reflected his opinion in the actual "take this for what's worth" news thus confusing, at least at times, where the info stopped and the opinion began.

I get what you mean, and totally agree. Not sure I would have phrased it as "info not accurate" however. The info was typically about our organization discussing players on interest. Some to a higher degree than others. Not sure how conveying discussions are taking place could be disproved. I suppose at times an insider may have reflected his opinion in the actual "take this for what's worth" news thus confusing, at least at times, where the info stopped and the opinion began.

I mean more stuff like "we're about to make the WOW offer."

That just sends people over the edge and, you know, maybe a wow offer was made and we simply don't know about it.

Either way, if people just took the insider's info for what it was this place would be a whole lot more sane in the off-season.

Archived