Will you miss the "insider info" this offseason?

ChaosLex

Will you miss the "insider info" this offseason?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Will you miss the "insider info" this offseason?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rochester

I will miss the insider info most definitely...I will NOT miss them getting bashed, which seems to have reared its ugly head even in this thread... I tend to believe that this info was not incorrect but more from where it came re: "inside."

For so many that do not like the insider info it seemed that the OH was having its worst server crashes at those times...coincidence? hmmmm:scratchchinhmm:

I mean more stuff like "we're about to make the WOW offer."

That just sends people over the edge and, you know, maybe a wow offer was made and we simply don't know about it.

Either way, if people just took the insider's info for what it was this place would be a whole lot more sane in the off-season.

But that happened one time. Don't think you can generalize about one situation.

My uncle's barber once cut the hair of a guy who lived next to Brooksie back in '68. Does that mean I shouldn't post all the scoops that affords me? Seriously though, the debates generated by the insiders information did make a long, long offseason slide by just a tad faster. It will be missed.

JTrea posted earlier in the thread the reason. Tony and OH staff asked the insiders not to post as insiders, but only as fans.

Bummer! This off-season will definitely be much slower and boring without the "special treats" of the OH insiders. Is there no way that Tony and the OH staff can be persuaded (or bribed) to continue on with the OH insiders posts? Maybe a creative OH fan can come up with a "Top 10 Reasons Why We Need OH Insiders Information" list.

I'll miss seeing people's e-heads explode on line. I'll miss watching the board crash in a dizzying display of apoplexy.

I hate people who leak inside information that they're privy to from their employment. It's sometimes illegal and almost always unethical. Doesn't matter what business you are in.

Now, if the business wants to "leak" information to you for their own purposes and you allow them use you for that purpose - that makes you a journalist (or at least a sports reporter), not a sneaky jerk. :D

This by the way, is a criticism of those who leaked the information, not the exhuberant posters that put it here. They were passing on the latest hot "rumor." They weren't the insiders with a responsibility to protect their employer's information. I've got no problem with posters, just employees that can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut because they like bragging to their friends about their "inside" information.

I liked the insider information and it should be taken for waht it is worth in the same manner as ESPN providing information. I think people were immature and I would imagine that some crazy deals get discussed between the Orioles and the GM of other teams. It doesn't mean it will pan out, but grilling the original post for passing the information on was always bush league to me.

Why does Tony feel insiders shouldn't post on the board anymore. It is called a "discussion" board for a reason. People are allowed to discuss/argue their cases.

Insider info is one of the only reasons it is even worth signing onto Orioles Hangout. Most of the site is filled with ideas rooted in irrational beliefs, outlandish trade proposals, and what nicknames should be given to players. In this sea of things that don't matter one bit, the diamond in the rough was the insider information. Please post it this offseason, its what makes it bearable.

Don't get me wrong, some posts are valuable, but who cares what the best team we can put together of the last 12 seasons? Bring back one of the only true values to the board, the insider information.

People that want to argue with it and tell the insiders they are wrong, who cares what they have to say. They obviously spend too much time thinking about it and need a better hobby. Like they say "take it with a grain of salt"

JTrea posted earlier in the thread the reason. Tony and OH staff asked the insiders not to post as insiders, but only as fans.
Sorry if this was asked and answered somewhere else but is it that inside info is banned from the OH or is it just that our known insiders have left?

Yes, I'll miss it.:002_sdrool:

Look 7 posts up. :cussing: :D

Why does Tony feel insiders shouldn't post on the board anymore. It is called a "discussion" board for a reason. People are allowed to discuss/argue their cases.

Insider info is one of the only reasons it is even worth signing onto Orioles Hangout. Most of the site is filled with ideas rooted in irrational beliefs, outlandish trade proposals, and what nicknames should be given to players. In this sea of things that don't matter one bit, the diamond in the rough was the insider information. Please post it this offseason, its what makes it bearable.

Don't get me wrong, some posts are valuable, but who cares what the best team we can put together of the last 12 seasons? Bring back one of the only true values to the board, the insider information.

People that want to argue with it and tell the insiders they are wrong, who cares what they have to say. They obviously spend too much time thinking about it and need a better hobby. Like they say "take it with a grain of salt"

Do you know of a place that hosts more informed Orioles related discussions than this site? I'm assuming you don't prefer the MLB or Sun boards for substance... but maybe you do. Do tell friend?

Archived