Steve Phillips in "Fatal Attraction, 2009"

beaner

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm hoping she is open-minded in a sexual sense and that's what attracted him to her.

Thread winner. In that, everyone was probably kind-of thinking that way.

Special kudos for invoking:

She's a few pounds overweight, but in my experience, it's the bigger ones that do more stuff.

role-models.jpg

This girlis so bad and homely that after reading the article I wonder if she didn't drug him the first time, and then hang it over his head that if he didn't keep the affair going she would go to his wife.

Not saying what he did was right, but Steve Phillips has to be able to do better than this right?

Wow, do you have to be a dysfunctional womanizer to be employed by Baseball Tonight?

Will Ferrel said it best as Trebek on SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy:

"And the show has reached a new low."

Yeah. He and Harold Reynolds must be starting a club.

Might want to let in Sean Salisbury, too...

This girlis so bad and homely that after reading the article I wonder if she didn't drug him the first time, and then hang it over his head that if he didn't keep the affair going she would go to his wife.

Not saying what he did was right, but Steve Phillips has to be able to do better than this right?

You can see that the knock on him as being a poor judge of talent rings true. Oh well, if Weiters gets hurt next year it looks like she could fill in as a left handed hitting catcher.

So I take it that nobody here has ever taken a bad picture?

If I slept with my married boss, who was a minor celebrity, and subsequently cyber-, tele- and letter-stalked her husband, I'd fully expect every bad picture of me in existence to hit the news.

I'd also expect every news outlet in America to ask why anyone would possibly jeopardize their career for me.

Let's cut out the holier-than-thou on this one. Everyone behaved poorly, immaturely, and - frankly - comically. They're getting the roasting they deserve.

Let me say this again:

Everything Steve Phillips has ever said is wrong.

Interest in Steve Phillips...as what? A front-office guy? A broadcaster? He's not good at any of those jobs. Teams wouldn't have any interest in him even before this scandal.

The dude may be a bad husband but it doesn't mean he has no talent. He's a damn good analyst and broadcaster IMO. The Wednesday night games with Hershiser and Shulman are excellent.

If I slept with my married boss, who was a minor celebrity, and subsequently cyber-, tele- and letter-stalked her husband, I'd fully expect every bad picture of me in existence to hit the news.

I'd also expect every news outlet in America to ask why anyone would possibly jeopardize their career for me.

Let's cut out the holier-than-thou on this one. Everyone behaved poorly, immaturely, and - frankly - comically. They're getting the roasting they deserve.

Well said, and I agree with everything. Well, except for the bolded. Were it me it would read:

I'd also expect every news outlet in America to state "Damn, look at that bold piece of sexy she landed! No wonder she risked her career -- I'd risk my left arm just for a shot at him pointing his finger at me and winking!" :disco:

Archived