Official Heisman thread

Big Mac

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still no obvious front-runner. I'm hoping Jacquizz Rodgers can have a monster game in the Civil War and get at least an invite to New York.

Well, if you watched the Texas vs. A&M game, the Texas QB helped himself a lot, even though the Aggies exposed his team. Texas dodged a bullet.

And if you watched the Iron Bowl, the Bama RB pretty much took his name off the list. Bama dodged a bullet too.

Meanwhile, Tebow continues to be overrated. Not sure what part of football he's better at than GT's Nesbitt, except for looking wholesome and going to the right football school...

Well, if you watched the Texas vs. A&M game, the Texas QB helped himself a lot, even though the Aggies exposed his team. Texas dodged a bullet.

And if you watched the Iron Bowl, the Bama RB pretty much took his name off the list. Bama dodged a bullet too.

Meanwhile, Tebow continues to be overrated. Not sure what part of football he's better at than GT's Nesbitt, except for looking wholesome and going to the right football school...

Like I said....no obvious front runner. McCoy has come on strong late in the season, and has probably earned an invite. But with the way he was playing early in the season, Texas probably wouldn't still be undefeated if it weren't for their defense....which makes their disappearing act at A&M baffling.

I didn't see the AL/Aub game yesterday, but Ingram must have been pretty bad to have taken himself out of the running in one game. But last impressions usually hold a lot of sway with voters....which, again, helps McCoy.

Toby Gerhard and CJ Spiller definitely deserve serious consideration, and I expect each to get some votes...especially Gerhard, who is the only California-based player under serious consideration, which should help him carry the West Coast vote. QBs Kellen Moore of Boise St and Case Keenum of Houston have both put up tremendous numbers....but both will probably have the "system" label put on them, plus the lack of in-conference competition will probably hurt them too.

If Tebow even gets an invite to NY then it should be considered a crime. But he's the kind of guy the media just loves to eat up, so expect the worst. :rolleyes:

Which brings me back to 'Quizz. Honestly, I think that the lack of national media exposure he gets by playing in Corvallis, OR (the Civil War will be OSU's only nationally televised game this season) will keep him out of consideration. I just hope that a huge game in the Civil War, and a strong subsequent performance in the Rose Bowl, will serve notice to the voters for next year.

Why not Toby Gerhart? 26 rushing TDs I believe? (He averages more then 14 points a game.) Plus 1500+ yards? That is a gross season. Better then Ingram/Tebow/Spiller IMO.

I know this comes off as being a homer but Ryan Williams on VT had the best freshman year I have ever seen (9 tds in the last three games). Watch out for him in the coming years to get consideration for the Heisman.

Well' date=' the East Coast Bias is alive and well.

[indent']

Rush Yards TD

[/indent]

Toby Gerhart 311 1736 26

Mark Ingram 249 1542 15

And let's not forget, Gerhart's stats were accumulated in 12 games, while Ingram's were in 13 games.

:rolleyestf:

Ingram has him in YPC...but that's about it. Don't get me wrong...Ingram is a great player. But, he's not even the best RB in college football this season, let alone the best player. I think my ballot would have gone: Gerhart, Suh, McCoy, Ingram, Tebow. I wonder how many of the voters know that there is football outside of the SEC.

Ingram has him in YPC...but that's about it. Don't get me wrong...Ingram is a great player. But, he's not even the best RB in college football this season, let alone the best player. I think my ballot would have gone: Gerhart, Suh, McCoy, Ingram, Tebow. I wonder how many of the voters know that there is football outside of the SEC.

Congrats to Ingram for bringing the Tide its first Heisman. Now just don't jinx us in the title game. If I had a vote and wasn't so Tide-biased, I'd have picked Suh, then Gerhart or Ingram, but I do feel that Ingram is totally deserving.

Archived