It's Acta-time in Cleveland

Mad Mark

Mattingly is being groomed to take over the Dodgers from Joe Torre after next year, or so is the rumor.

Yeah, I've read that. But he's also on the short list for the Nationals this year (as well as Cleveland before the Acta hire). I just get a feeling he wants to jump right in after getting passed over in the Bronx.

Wow, so Acta was offered two jobs? What makes this guy so special? It obviously isn't his W/L record. Clearly, there had to have been better options for Cleveland.

He's a very intelligent man who knows his baseball. He's had a few interviews with the people from Baseball Prospectus and unlike a lot of the old school managers, he's always seemed willing to look at the unorthodox appraches on handling a baseball team and depending on probabilities and the like..

Can't truly blame him for drawing a bad card with Washington and the failure that is Jim Bowden. The only criticism I heard about him that actually meant something was that he was not one for pushing a team in drills and practice. Otherwise, I have great respect for him and I could see him having a fine relationship with Shapiro in Cleveland.

Archived