Canseco vs. A-Rod

Moose Milligan

Former baseball player and current celebrity boxer Jose Canseco said he would like to fight Yankees star Alex Rodriguez. Speaking Thursday at a weigh-in for his upcoming fight in Massachusetts, Canseco was asked which current player he most would like to box? His response: "Who I would love to fight the most, if I could pick a baseball player? Alex Rodriguez, get your [butt] in the ring, I'll beat you to a pulp. That lying little idiot, I'd like to get him in the ring."

I'm rooting for Canseco.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/

Dunno, its not like Canseco was really lying about anything. Sure, he's a bit smarmy but I don't think the guy is an idiot.

The Surreal Life, Celebrity Boxing, Jenna Jameson's Stripper Ball, 2 wives accusing him of hitting them, arrested for bringing illegal fertility drugs over the border, and much much more.

He wasn't lying about the steroid problem in Baseball, I'll give you that. Maybe idiot is too strong a word.

Or maybe not.

The Surreal Life, Celebrity Boxing, Jenna Jameson's Stripper Ball, 2 wives accusing him of hitting them, arrested for bringing illegal fertility drugs over the border, and much much more.

He wasn't lying about the steroid problem in Baseball, I'll give you that. Maybe idiot is too strong a word.

Or maybe not.

Forgot about the spousal abuse stuff. Don't really care about reality tv, can't blame the dude for trying to make a buck.

No, he wasn't lying about the roid stuff and thats the only context in which I was talking about him.

A-Rod's enough of a slimeball, but Canseco practically wrote the book on how to be vindictive, ego-driven, irresponsible, wife-beating, slimeball jack ass for a new generation. He's one of those people that if he dropped off the face of the earth I wouldn't care one bit and the world would be a better place for it.

Forgot about the spousal abuse stuff. Don't really care about reality tv, can't blame the dude for trying to make a buck.

No, he wasn't lying about the roid stuff and thats the only context in which I was talking about him.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

he wasn't lying about the roid stuff and thats the only context in which I was talking about him.

And this is the true context in which people consider him a lowlife. It reveals an underlying belief that the real problem with 'roids was not so much the use of them as the discussion of them--that things were actually fine in baseball until the use of 'roids became public knowledge.

When he first went public with his allegations, Canseco was despised for violating the clubhouse code, and called a liar and much worse. Having turned out to be correct across the board didn't make a difference; he broke the unwritten rule, and he can't be forgiven.

Consider: did people call Jose Canseco a "slimeball jackass" before he started talking about 'roids?

I get it that we are supposed to "hate" A Rod and all, but to compare him to Canseco as far as slimeballness (new word) goes is quite absurd to me. A Rod is more of a diva, while Canseco just oozes slime on many levels...

At least Canseco isn't a liar. That's gotta count for something. Whether you like him or not, everything he has said about roids in baseball has come true. A-Rod, on the other hand, lied about his use of it and only came 'clean' after there was proof and after probably years of denying it. Go Jose!

At least Canseco isn't a liar. That's gotta count for something. Whether you like him or not, everything he has said about roids in baseball has come true. A-Rod, on the other hand, lied about his use of it and only came 'clean' after there was proof and after probably years of denying it. Go Jose!

Not that it makes it right, but every player lied about it first and then came clean afterwards..so if we're holding A Rod to that standard, than we must with everyone else, our guys included. Canseco and Caminiti were literally the only guys who came clean then.

It just seems now as though everyone, thankfully is ready to move past the steroid thing, and Canseco, in continued desperate attempts to remain relevant keeps trying to add fuel to the fire.

Archived