Mlbtraderumors.com predicts Delgado to the O's

wildcard

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be "par for the course" with the O's.

Somehow though, I don't see AM going this route. Despite all the talk about getting a big bat, I just don't see any real big moves. AM is rolling the dice on the young arms and hoping for more out of MW, Pie, Jones, Reimold, Snyder, Bell, etc.

This would be "par for the course" with the O's.

Somehow though, I don't see AM going this route. Despite all the talk about getting a big bat, I just don't see any real big moves. AM is rolling the dice on the young arms and hoping for more out of MW, Snyder, Bell, etc.

I agree to a point, but I think we could get Delgado at a reasonable price and perhaps a one year deal. He can man first base until Snyder or someone is ready, and then slip into the DH role. Worst case, he slumps and we have an expensive bat off the bench.

The other thing I like about this list is Figgins is predicted to go back to the Angels. That would make Wood available. I hope MacPhail pursues him.

I stated earlier, this is what I hoped to see happen:

Delgado - 1B/DH, health dependent.

Wood - for prospects that come from a Scott trade.

Lyon - late inning bullpen help

Sanchez - looks like he could be a 6 year minor league free agent. Could sign a AAA contract and beat Andino out of job in ST.

Resign Hendrickson and Moeller.

Picking up Delgado would fit into MacPhail's plan because it provides a one-year stopgap to get to Snyder. Signing Delgado would allow the Orioles to trade Luke Scott and platoon Reimold and Delgado at DH while platooning Pie and Reimold in LF. It leaves the everyday first base role open but Delgado is a known quantity, especially when he is healthy.

The other thing I like about this list is Figgins is predicted to go back to the Angels. That would make Wood available. I hope MacPhail pursues him.

Sanchez - looks like he could be a 6 year minor league free agent. Could sign a AAA contract and beat Andino out of job in ST.

I like all of that, but I would sign Hairston as the Utility guy. He can play infield and outfield and has a little bit of a bat as well.

I like all of that, but I would sign Hairston as the Utility guy. He can play infield and outfield and has a little bit of a bat as well.

Hairston could be a short term solution. The reason I like Wood and Sanchez is they could both be long term solutions. I think MacPhail will try to add one or two long term solutions this off season.

Someone thinks they know AM pretty well I see. :)

Meh .... The Yankees, Red Sox , & Mets get 6 of the top 8 free agents:mad:

I doubt it plays out that way...And the Orioles continue with their Oriole Way of the 2000's by signing a 40ish player well past his prime & not part of the future.

Picking up Delgado would fit into MacPhail's plan because it provides a one-year stopgap to get to Snyder. Signing Delgado would allow the Orioles to trade Luke Scott and platoon Reimold and Delgado at DH while platooning Pie and Reimold in LF. It leaves the everyday first base role open but Delgado is a known quantity, especially when he is healthy.

I don't know... at 38 the odds of Delgado regressing substantially are fairly high. Suppose he hits .260 with 25 homeruns and an 820 OPS. Thats essentially Luke Scott. While he may be a better defensively do we really gain that much by signing Delgado?

Archived