Mlbtraderumors.com predicts Delgado to the O's

wildcard

Delgado would be nice. Whatever. But honestly, if the Yankees land Lackey, I will puke through my eyeballs at the horror that is a tilted playing field.

That would be two years in a row with them snagging every "premium" FA starter available. Every freakin' one.

It would be disastrous. Sabbathia, Lackey, Burnett, Pettite and Bozo would win them another WS - barring injury, you could almost pencil it in.

But yay, Delgado.

You can go ahead and bar injury from Sabbathia, Lackey, Burnett, and Pettitte; I think that's a big assumption. Pettitte is replaceable, but the other three are hugely expensive and not easily replaced. Injury to any one of those three would put them in a bind. Injury to any two would be a disaster.

I hated seeing Tex and ARod end up there, but I love seeing them commit high eight figures or nine figures to pitchers.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean...his numbers started to wane yes. I said slash May because he still was getting a decent number of ABs in early-May.

Regardless, the point is he was not just some "platoon" whose numbers were bloated because Trembley "picked his spots"...as Johnny put it.

He was given the job...fell flat on his face...injuries gave him another chance and he was a regular by years end.

You are correct. I still wonder what happened after 28 games... :eek:

Yes ...But without the Orange colored glasses.

He was a mess in April & May which is why they benched him.

He was very good with DT picking his starts.... Then he tailed off when he had to play everyday.

You're ignoring all the time that he spent with Crow working on his swing. He clearly was a different player at the end of the season. Also, there was no picking his starts, he played every day when Jones went down.

Um...did you look at his game log?

He wasn't picking anything...

He started him...sat him...and then he was fulltime again.

Do you know what a platoon is?

If you want to say you think Pie suck...go ahead. But at least get your facts straight. He wasn't a platoon. From July 22 on he was an everyday player...

I gave you a link for crying out loud.

And let's not forget that in September, when he had about a week or so bad stretch, he was fighting that back injury as well.

He had a 1 good month offensively.... Subtract that from his second half stats & see what you have. I agree about the 4th Outfielder part ... Not sure about very good;)

And that one good month was when he played consistently and before he had some injury issues at the end of the year. There was also all the reports regarding how Crowley fixed his swing, and that seemed to have paid off.

Well you're just about the only one who isn't sure about the very good defense part.

If you want to say you think Pie sucks...go ahead. But at least get your facts straight. He wasn't a platoon. From July 22 on he was an everyday player...

Yes

He was pretty much the full-time LF in April/May. Got benched. And basically became the full-timf LF/CF for August and September.

He hit .460 in June playing in 14 games (Close to half the possible games.

Hit .333 in August ..but only .250 in September

If you want to say you think Pie sucks...go ahead. But at least get your facts straight. He wasn't a platoon. From July 22 on he was an everyday player...

He was pretty much the full-time LF in April/May. Got benched. And basically became the full-timf LF/CF for August and September.

He hit .460 in June playing in 14 games (Close to half the possible games.

Hit .333 in August ..but only .250 in September

Yes

Are you really insisting on this? That this man was a platoon?

He had 3 or more ABs only 3 times in June....THREE TIMES. THAT IS NOT A PLATOON!!!!

THAT IS A BENCH PLAYER GETTING AN OCCASIONAL START.

Every other game he was pretty much brought on for defensive purposes or to pinch hit in interleague play.

Again...if you want to say Pie sucks...go ahead. But get your facts straight. HE WAS AN EVERYDAY PLAYER. THE MANAGER WAS NOT PICKING AND CHOOSING SPOTS FOR HIM.

Yes

After he got benched and starting working with Crow on his swing he put up the following line:

.303/.361/.503/.864

That seems like more than a 4th OF.

Wasn't there a famous sit-down with Samuel and Izturis, I believe...?

I'll happily admit I was wrong, but I thought Pie's attitude problem and then switch to star pupil was pretty widely accepted....

We should probably stay on topic since this isn't a Pie thread and there's a current one going dedicated to him.

But now that you mention it, I do vaguely remember something about that but, don't remember the details or how credible it was. I'd assume it's pure speculation unless a credible article is brought forth that says otherwise. Especially on something as damning as this. Before you know Pie well be known as a clubhouse cancer.

Archived