Mlbtraderumors.com predicts Delgado to the O's

wildcard

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should probably stay on topic since this isn't a Pie thread and there's a current one going dedicated to him.

But now that you mention it, I do vaguely remember something about that but, don't remember the details or how credible it was. I'd assume it's pure speculation unless a credible article is brought forth that says otherwise. Especially on something as damning as this. Before you know Pie well be known as a clubhouse cancer.

Right...I googled a variety of ways but between articles and blog posts on an array of topics...it's tough to narrow down. Not sure any story was written about it...so all the reports is a stretch...consider it retracted.

Still, I did think it was widely taken as truth that Pie PO'd people at the start...then got his time yanked and eventually sat down and given a whole "come to Jesus" speech...

Which he took exceptionally well and transformed himself and possibly his career...

That was why he was so emotional...was it a walk-off or the cycle??...when talking about Crowley and the extra time they'd been putting in.

Here's my futile attempt at righting this thread:

I like the idea of Delgado, but I'm worried about his indirect impact on Pie. If Snyder's almost ready, which I think he is, they'll call him up and Delgado will spend most of his time at DH while Snyder overtakes first. (This is all assuming Scott is no longer with us.) Then, because Trembley seems to have a pretty clear preference of Reimold over Pie, I think Pie will end up as the 4th outfielder again, while Reimold remains the everyday left fielder. I really want to see Pie get at least 450 at-bats in 2010, and if signing Delgado indirectly prevents that from happening, I'm against the signing.

Ultimately, I think I'd prefer a Glaus signing. Bell is going to take a little more seasoning than Snyder, and we don't have as much of a logjam at third as we do at the DH spot.

Here's my futile attempt at righting this thread:

I like the idea of Delgado, but I'm worried about his indirect impact on Pie. If Snyder's almost ready, which I think he is, they'll call him up and Delgado will spend most of his time at DH while Snyder overtakes first. (This is all assuming Scott is no longer with us.) Then, because Trembley seems to have a pretty clear preference of Reimold over Pie, I think Pie will end up as the 4th outfielder again, while Reimold remains the everyday left fielder. I really want to see Pie get at least 450 at-bats in 2010, and if signing Delgado indirectly prevents that from happening, I'm against the signing.

Ultimately, I think I'd prefer a Glaus signing. Bell is going to take a little more seasoning than Snyder, and we don't have as much of a logjam at third as we do at the DH spot.

I think we're all focusing on PT a bit too much. Pie will get his ABs...same with Reimold.

I thought we were looking for a right handed power bat? If so than Delgado does not fit what were looking for. I still prefer Dye or Guerrero for a year over Delgado anyways

Why would you prefer us to obtain a worse player?

If Delgado is healthy, then he should be better than both of those guys.

When there is a situation were:

Jones spent time on the DL last year.

Pie was injury every other day.

Reimold is coming off surgery and has a history of injury problems.

Delgado is coming off hip surgery.

Wiggy is coming off a year where he did not hit.

Snyder had problems with AAA pitching and until he learns to hit it he should stay at AAA,

Bell has not hit above AA.

So am I worried about having too much depth. Not hardly. If that should occur of a good part of the season then a trade might be in order. But overall this team needs depth.

Yes ...But without the Orange colored glasses.

He was a mess in April & May which is why they benched him.

He was very good with DT picking his starts.... Then he tailed off when he had to play everyday.

LOL!!!!

So, he struggled for 60 at bats and that means he isn't any good?

I mean, let's ignore MiL production, scouting reports, his performance after working with Crow, what Crow himself had to say, etc...

Nah, let's not pay attention to that stuff....Let's just keep riding the agenda train...Does JTrea post under 2 names now? :D

Wow. I was not a Pie fan at the start of the season, as SG can attest. However, I admitted that I gave up on Pie too quickly, and his second half was very good. If you take away his struggles in April, he had an outstanding year. I still think he's our 4th outfielder, but he should be getting 3-4 starts a week.

Why would you prefer us to obtain a worse player?

If Delgado is healthy, then he should be better than both of those guys.

I don't really want any of these guys, none are gonna be parts of our future and they all have declining numbers. I'd rather let the young guys play it out rather than giving at bats to 40 year olds who won't be here in 2 years. If I were AM I'd go and try to add pitching this offseason for the rotation and bullpen (Ex. Lackey, Grabow) and either try to swing a trade for a young prospect who is blocked in a system or see what it will take to land Matt Holliday, if his price is too steep which I expect it will be than we should just go into next year looking for improvements in our young batters like Weiters and Jones

Archived