Mlbtraderumors.com predicts Delgado to the O's

wildcard

Yeah Right & your all knowing:rolleyes:

His 2009 numbers were well Mediocre. A improvement from his previous pitiful major league stats. He was treated like a platoon player most of the year where Trembley picked his spots.

Thank you..I appreciate you saying that. I disagree but I appreciate the compliment anyway.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His 2009 numbers were well Mediocre. A improvement from his previous pitiful major league stats. He was treated like a platoon player most of the year where Trembley picked his spots.

Well he was certainly bad early on, but posted an .842 OPS in the second half while playing very good defense. Was also worth 6.1 million in limited time.

He's certainly not AAAA, he's at the very least a good 4th OF.

Did you watch Pie this season?

Look at his game logs: http://www.mlb.com/stats/individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?c_id=bal&playerID=429712&statType=1

He was pretty much the full-time LF in April/May. Got benched. And basically became the full-timf LF/CF for August and September.

Delgado would be nice. Whatever. But honestly, if the Yankees land Lackey, I will puke through my eyeballs at the horror that is a tilted playing field.

That would be two years in a row with them snagging every "premium" FA starter available. Every freakin' one.

It would be disastrous. Sabbathia, Lackey, Burnett, Pettite and Bozo would win them another WS - barring injury, you could almost pencil it in.

But yay, Delgado.

Look at his game logs: http://www.mlb.com/stats/individual_player_gamebygamelog.jsp?c_id=bal&playerID=429712&statType=1

He was pretty much the full-time LF in April/May. Got benched. And basically became the full-timf LF/CF for August and September.

As I recall he was benched after 28 games... I was sorely confused. The FO talked about a commitment to him this season and then abandoned it after a month. From my count he played in 16 games and 31 atbats out of 28 games in May.. I wouldn't consider that full time.

Delgado would be nice. Whatever. But honestly, if the Yankees land Lackey, I will puke through my eyeballs at the horror that is a tilted playing field.

That would be two years in a row with them snagging every "premium" FA starter available. Every freakin' one.

It would be disastrous. Sabbathia, Lackey, Burnett, Pettite and Bozo would win them another WS - barring injury, you could almost pencil it in.

But yay, Delgado.

Amen. Yes to Delgado. Short term though.

Prediction the Yanks land Holiday, Lackey, maybe Dye

Then STOP repeating yourself. We get it. You think the O's need to do something big this off-season. Andy MacPhail needs to pursue "premium talent." We get it. This title of this thread is specific: Carlos Delgado. Stop hijacking threads by diverting the conversation into your personal soapbox. STOP.

Great post.

Now can you make a similar one to ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CONSTANTLY RESPOND TO HIM, KNOWING HE'S WRONG, AND THEREFORE CONSTANTLY DRAW OUT THE DIALOGUE WITH HIM?

But would Harden pick a last place team over a high budget contender? That is where it gets hard to make happen.

I don't know, but I would rather him choose between 1/7 and a contender, or 2/14-18 for us. He could look at Penny and Smoltz and decide he might not get as good of a chance as he would here.

But yay, Delgado.

I don't think the first order of business for a 98 loss team is to worry about beating the Yankees out of the World Series. I wish it worked that way but it doesn't.

I'd just like to see the O's put a team on the field that has either young players with potential or average and above major leaguers at every position including the pitchers. The O's have not done that for 12 years. That would be a great improvement and might lead to a .500 record.

If the O's could just do that then maybe it would be realistic to think what are the next moves to get to the playoffs.

As I recall he was benched after 28 games... I was sorely confused. The FO talked about a commitment to him this season and then abandoned it after a month. From my count he played in 16 games and 31 atbats out of 28 games in May.. I wouldn't consider that full time.

I mean...his numbers started to wane yes. I said slash May because he still was getting a decent number of ABs in early-May.

Regardless, the point is he was not just some "platoon" whose numbers were bloated because Trembley "picked his spots"...as Johnny put it.

He was given the job...fell flat on his face...injuries gave him another chance and he was a regular by years end.

Well he was certainly bad early on, but posted an .842 OPS in the second half while playing very good defense. Was also worth 6.1 million in limited time.

He's certainly not AAAA, he's at the very least a good 4th OF.

He had a 1 good month offensively.... Subtract that from his second half stats & see what you have. I agree about the 4th Outfielder part ... Not sure about very good;)

He was pretty much the full-time LF in April/May. Got benched. And basically became the full-time LF/CF for August and September.

Yes ...But without the Orange colored glasses.

He was a mess in April & May which is why they benched him.

He was very good with DT picking his starts.... Then he tailed off when he had to play everyday.

He was very good with DT picking his starts.... Then he tailed off when he had to play everyday.

Um...did you look at his game log?

He wasn't picking anything...

He started him...sat him...and then he was fulltime again.

Do you know what a platoon is?

If you want to say you think Pie sucks...go ahead. But at least get your facts straight. He wasn't a platoon. From July 22 on he was an everyday player...

I gave you a link for crying out loud.

LOL!!!!

So, he struggled for 60 at bats and that means he isn't any good?

I mean, let's ignore MiL production, scouting reports, his performance after working with Crow, what Crow himself had to say, etc...

Nah, let's not pay attention to that stuff....Let's just keep riding the agenda train...Does JTrea post under 2 names now? :D

Archived