Who would you trade for... Uggla/Cantu?

amateurfan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, agents are allowed to talk generalities with teams.

You might want to brush up on how things work. Probably want to brush up on your manners, too.

Please give me an example of a "generality," regarding Uggla. Because Uggla is pretty specific because that is who the question was relevant to. You should have atleast used the word generality in you first post before someone had to call you out on it.

Crawdad at least shows he knows a lot more than you do. If you were a Plus member, you would realize that by all of his contributions in the Prospect Tracker and Draft forums.

I'm sorry, but this is the most Irrelevant information.

Please give me an example of a "generality," regarding Uggla. Because Uggla is pretty specific because that is who the question was relevant to. You should have atleast used the word generality in you first post before someone had to call you out on it.

I'm sorry, but this is the most Irrelevant information.

Ok, we have found out what the problem is.

You are taking this comment and using it with respect to Uggla.

The question I was answering was whether teams could talk to the agents of free agents.

Read the Bloody Thread before you get your panties in a bunch.

" Originally Posted by scOtt View Post

I know we can't sign FAs til 15 days after the WS, but can we talk to their agents now?"

My tone should more properly convey that I'm on the edge with that deal because I'm high on Steve Johnson. Is it three years of Uggla? I trust AM on this but I certainly would like to get Uggla somehow.

Ok, I understand. I would strongly suggest though not to rest too much hope on Johnson.

Ok, we have found out what the problem is.

You are taking this comment and using it with respect to Uggla.

The question I was asking was whether teams could talk to the agents of free agents.

Read the Bloody Thread before you get your panties in a bunch.

" Originally Posted by scOtt View Post

I know we can't sign FAs til 15 days after the WS, but can we talk to their agents now?"

Can you please just give me an example of a generality. I am curious. Besides, I am pretty sure my point still holds true.

Dude . . . my lord . . . it is reported in newspaper non-stop that players' agents are talking with teams about players. NON-FRICKIN-STOP

Here is one thing:

http://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/5629510904

Wow, that doesn't even sound like a generality. You are right, I am truly, sorry. I am an idiot. But, can you give me an example of a hypothetical generality.

Wow, that doesn't even sound like a generality. You are right, I am truly, sorry. I am an idiot. But, can you give me an example of a hypothetical generality.

A generality is a rough "we are looking for this amount of years and this amount of money" and "we are open to looking at such and such a team."

Those are the generalities being discussed. No one is going gung ho and nailing down prices and years in these meetings. There is no reason to do so because nothing can happen for a week or two.

A generality is a rough "we are looking for this amount of years and this amount of money" and "we are open to looking at such and such a team."

Those are the generalities being discussed. No one is going gung ho and nailing down prices and years in these meetings. There is no reason to do so because nothing can happen for a week or two.

ok, I knew that happened, but I am curious from the teams perspective because they obviously can't be like "if x player is a free agent we are prepared to offer him this many dollars and this many years." If that happened, there would be no incidents like A-Rod's, Hudson's or Cruz JR's or do they just listen.

ok, I knew that happened, but I am curious from the teams perspective because they obviously can't be like "if x player is a free agent we are prepared to offer him this many dollars and this many years." If that happened, there would be no incidents like A-Rod's, Hudson's or Cruz JR's or do they just listen.

I don't know about Hudson or Cruz Jr, but the issue with Arod was that he was tampered with before he actually opted out.

Archived