Non-Player Hall of Fame Candidates Announced

ShaneDawg85

For players it's "played in parts of 10 years in the majors, unless you're Addie Joss, and we think you're good enough."

This is why I'm so glad you post here. I never realized Addie Joss didn't play in 10 seasons. That's amazing! Did anyone question his selection at the time? How did he get in?

This is why I'm so glad you post here. I never realized Addie Joss didn't play in 10 seasons. That's amazing! Did anyone question his selection at the time? How did he get in?

I think they just said "well, he woulda played in 10 years except that he died. So we'll just do like we always do and make up the rules as we go." And everybody was just like, ok, whatever, at least that's not as crazy as inducting Jim Bottomley or Ross Youngs or something.

I think they just said "well, he woulda played in 10 years except that he died. So we'll just do like we always do and make up the rules as we go." And everybody was just like, ok, whatever, at least that's not as crazy as inducting Jim Bottomley or Ross Youngs or something.

"That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

• 4 weeks later...
Thread Bump!

Whitey Herzog and Doug Harvey (umpire) have been selected by the Veterans Committee and will be enshrined with the class of 2010.

Not exactly what I would have done, but they could have done much worse. I guess you call it a success when the Hall doesn't elect anyone who's obviously worse than a bunch of guys you'd never even consider.

I don't really have much an opinion on the rest, but Marvin Miller REALLY deserves to be in. He did more to change the game than anyone I can think of in the 20th Century... besides maybe Jackie Robinson and Branch Rickey.

Curt Flood should also be in too.

Amen to that.

Archived