Season starts tonight. Let's hear your predictions

ccbird

My guess is 20-10, 9-7 and we'll have to put in late season work to assure our spot in the tourney again.

There are just too many question marks for me to believe we'll be better, though it's possible. The truth is this is still a core of players who went 7-9 and struggled for most of last year. We aren't a particularly good shooting team, until the freshmen prove otherwise we have no post scoring, we have little interior depth with the loss of Dino, and we are average athletically.

The hope comes in with what looks to be the emergence of Mosley and the early glowing reports on Padgett. If Mosley does emerge that would give us 3 very solid scoring options with Vasquez and Milbourne. With Padgett, the hope is he'll give us a better defensive and rebounding presence down low compared to Neal last year. If we don't lose DIno for the year and Mosley and the freshmen really steps it up I do think we can be the Top 20 team a lot of people are expecting us to be but it's hard for me to think everything will go right.

I'm expecting a comfortable Selection Sunday. If we have to sweat it out, I'll be a little disappointed.

There are a lot of variables that make a prediction difficult, but I'd like to see at least a 9-7 ACC record and 20+ wins.

i'm thinking this about right, which would lead to a comfortable selection sunday....hopefully:rolleyes:

so pumped for the season to start tonight!

Prediction; 22-8 and 10-6 in the ACC........making it to the final 8.

More depth, height and quickness....look for more fast break easy baskets.

Starting five will be in double digits every game. Two freshmen Williams and Padgett will have double double games often this season.

If Vasquez buys into the role of being a playmaker he should average 10+ assists a game and will get his share of 15-20 point games.

If Gregory comes back a power front court of Williams, Gregory and Padgett can take us far when playing against bigger teams. Milbourne and Mosley will start many games and be important contibutors but they may need to play less minutes against the rougher, tough inside type teams we will face along the way. Gary will have a lot of flexibility with this team.

If they make it to the final 8 anything is possible. There will be a lot of standing ovations from the fans this season.

Gotta be happy with what we saw out of Williams and Padgett. I know its only a small game, but both looked active, aggressive, and totally comfortable with the flex offense.

We're still gonna miss Dino, especially on the defensive end, but those guys were highly encouraging last night.

Prediction; 22-8 and 10-6 in the ACC........making it to the final 8.

More depth, height and quickness....look for more fast break easy baskets.

Starting five will be in double digits every game. Two freshmen Williams and Padgett will have double double games often this season.

If Vasquez buys into the role of being a playmaker he should average 10+ assists a game and will get his share of 15-20 point games.

If Gregory comes back a power front court of Williams, Gregory and Padgett can take us far when playing against bigger teams. Milbourne and Mosley will start many games and be important contibutors but they may need to play less minutes against the rougher, tough inside type teams we will face along the way. Gary will have a lot of flexibility with this team.

If they make it to the final 8 anything is possible. There will be a lot of standing ovations from the fans this season.

You don't put 10+ assists per game in college. The games are too short and there is not enough scoring. He might have had his season high last night. Anything over 6 a game would be great, 7+ would be incredible.

Hah! Average 10+ assists a game?!

I'm optimistic, but that's just impossible.

You don't put 10+ assists per game in college. The games are too short and there is not enough scoring. He might have had his season high last night. Anything over 6 a game would be great, 7+ would be incredible.

Seriously, if Ty Lawson only average 6-7 in that offense, GV has no shot.

22-8, 10-6, Sweet 16.

I really like the team. I think that a vastly improved Mosley offense could take us a long way. Greivis is much better when he doesn't have to do it all. He won't if Mosley has the kind of year I think he will.

I think we'll get a little more production from the frontcourt. I really like the freshman, and as long as Dino returns after the 1st semester is over, I think we'll be decent on the glass.

GV will have Williams to lob to underneath for easy jams or layups......at least 5 a game and Padgett is so quick he'll get it to him on the fast breaks for at two or three a game and the rest will be spread out with Milbourne and Mosley getting a couple along with Bowie.

This team is about moving the ball around and trying to get open shots. GV is going to surprise you. A 10 assist average is not going to be that hard for him and it will move him up in the draft.

Archived