Do you trust AM

Hooded Viper

No poll is necessary. It is basically a do you trust AM to get us back to the playoffs and beyond thread?

I say the man really has done what he has said. I can't point to one quote where he has lied. Now does he let us in on everything, clearly not, but everything he has talked about has basically come true, right? So yes, I trust the man and I honestly think we will look back on him with reverance.

Flame away!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And even getting past AM needing to do things he really has never done...if he decides he wants to do them, do we trust PA to open up the check book?

SG, I agree but don't you feel, thank god, that Angelos is finally listening to his GM? I really think that when our "Frank Robinson" is necessary, and yes I know they traded for him, AM will go get him. Has he ever had a checkbook like he does now? I don't think so. And if anyone says the Tribune Co. was a windfall, just look at the bankrupt status that they are in.

No' date=' it doesn't matter who is the GM of this team; the Orioles will never make the playoffs until Angelos sells them.[/quote']

Yeah seriously.

Wasn't it awesome when he sold the team for two years in '96 and '97 so we could make the playoffs? Sucks he bought it back in '98...

:rolleyes:

SG, I agree but don't you feel, thank god, that Angelos is finally listening to his GM? I really think that when our "Frank Robinson" is necessary, and yes I know they traded for him, AM will go get him. Has he ever had a checkbook like he does now? I don't think so. And if anyone says the Tribune Co. was a windfall, just look at the bankrupt status that they are in.

I don't think we really know.

I mean, the payroll is very low, which I am sure PA is happy about.

It may just be that AM and PA are on the same page...Go cheap, keep the payroll down and see what happens.

I don't think we really know...I think everyone wants to assume the best but no one knows.

End of the day, AM still needs to be willing to do things he has never done before and then, it will depend on PA.

If we could get Lackey for 5/75 right now, do I believe AM would sign him to that deal? No way. Should he? Yes he should.

Yeah seriously.

Wasn't it awesome when he sold the team for two years in '96 and '97 so we could make the playoffs? Sucks he bought it back in '98...

:rolleyes:

Blah, blah, blah...this is not a bash Angelos thread. His history is evident. Do you think AM can get it done or not, strictly based on tangible evidence, like what he has done already. Not your preconseptions about PGA.

No, I don't trust him. He's never had to take a team from worst to the playoffs in a division as tough as this one. And his out of his two WS teams, he can only really take credit for one, and that was years ago.

He seems to be obsessed with pitching, when good pitching is no longer as important as it once was. And he's never spent money on acquiring premium talent to take his teams to the next level.

I think he can take us to the level of maybe the Blue Jays, as an also ran, but I don't think we'll see the playoffs under his tenure.

Archived