Do you trust AM

Hooded Viper

Blah, blah, blah...this is not a bash Angelos thread. His history is evident. Do you think AM can get it done or not, strictly based on tangible evidence, like what he has done already. Not your preconseptions about PGA.

I'm with you.

My response was to someone who spat out the old contrived "wah wah we will never win with PA owning the team." People tend to forget we went to the playoffs in back to back years, one of which we were in first place every day the entire season.

But in actual discussion, PA does matter. However, since AM has come on board, he has done what he wanted. PA has stayed out of it. AM has his respect, and I fully expect AM to be able to do whatever he wants.

And I trust he will do what it takes to make this franchise as successful as it can be for a lengthy amount of time. Some people may want to blow money on a bunch of guys before we should or trade 5 young, cheap guys for expensive older guys, and those guys won't like AM. But if you are patient, I think it will show that AM is going to do what it takes.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too soon to tell. To say he started off well with the Bedard trade would be an understatement. He also did well with the Hernandez and Olson trades. He did okay with the Tejada trade (it all depends on what happens with Patton). But the immediate results of drafting positional talent has been a little worrisome for anyone not named Wieters. Maybe Joseph. If we can't draft and develop positional players we are going to be in trouble because we know AM won't make a big trade to get some.

Really? He's owned the team for 16 years and made the playoffs twice. That's a great percentage! Sorry for doubting his abilities as an owner!

Since AM has come on board, name one thing PA has done...oh, nothing!

Because since AM has been in charge, he has been the guy making the calls. Which is exactly how it should be.

Since AM has come on board, name one thing PA has done...oh, nothing!

Because since AM has been in charge, he has been the guy making the calls. Which is exactly how it should be.

Hahaha, okay well I would be willing to wager that the O's never make the playoffs again while he is the owner. I hope and pray that I am completely wrong, but I'm tired of getting my hopes up every year for a big letdown after the AS break.

)But the immediate results of drafting positional talent has been a little worrisome for anyone not named Wieters. Maybe Joseph. If we can't draft and develop positional players we are going to be in trouble because we know AM won't make a big trade to get some.

And this is something to watch because MacPhail himself admitted at the end of his Cubs tenure that they failed to produce any good position players out of the Cubs system.

His obsession with pitching cost us the opportunity to draft a bat like Smoak, Posey and Beckham IMO, and there hasn't been a polished college bat yet that was equal to them and there doesn't look like there will be one in 2010 either.

No, I don't trust him. He's never had to take a team from worst to the playoffs in a division as tough as this one. And his out of his two WS teams, he can only really take credit for one, and that was years ago.

He seems to be obsessed with pitching, when good pitching is no longer as important as it once was. And he's never spent money on acquiring premium talent to take his teams to the next level.

I think he can take us to the level of maybe the Blue Jays, as an also ran, but I don't think we'll see the playoffs under his tenure.

Dude for the love of god, it is only ever about pitching. And I understand that you need offense but you seem to have fixation. We are not getting AGon, Fielder or any other major slugger. It just isn't happening. WHEN we win, it will be because of Matusz, Tillman and Bergeson...not Albert Pujols(Jest)!

Dude for the love of god, it is only ever about pitching. And I understand that you need offense but you seem to have fixation. We are not getting AGon, Fielder or any other major slugger. It just isn't happening. WHEN we win, it will because of Matusz, Tillman and Bergeson...not Albert Pujols(Jest)!

And I think some people are too fixated on the pitching to realize how much of an offensive improvement is needed to compete.

7 out of 8 playoff teams were in the top 10 in runs scored.

And this is something to watch because MacPhail himself admitted at the end of his Cubs tenure that they failed to produce any good position players out of the Cubs system.

His obsession with pitching cost us the opportunity to draft a bat like Smoak, Posey and Beckham IMO, and there hasn't been a polished college bat yet that was equal to them and there doesn't look like there will be one in 2010 either.

You're hilarious.

Pretty much anyone in baseball would take Matusz over those three guys. A left-hander who is most likely going to be an ace? Yeah, too bad we have him.

You're hilarious.

Pretty much anyone in baseball would take Matusz over those three guys. A left-hander who is most likely going to be an ace? Yeah, too bad we have him.

The latest sentiment is that Matusz will be a #2 at best.

The guy is going to be a really good pitcher, but he won't be among the best in baseball IMO.

I still think Smoak will be worth more over the course of their careers, but that's something we'll just have to wait and see.

But since that 2008 draft, the positional talent available just hasn't been of the same level.

And the Orioles haven't exactly been doing much on the international front to find positional players that they can't draft as well under AM. The Pirates for example have become much more active on the international front than the Orioles and they've done it in half the time MacPhail has had.

No, I don't trust him. He's never had to take a team from worst to the playoffs in a division as tough as this one. And his out of his two WS teams, he can only really take credit for one, and that was years ago.

He seems to be obsessed with pitching, when good pitching is no longer as important as it once was. And he's never spent money on acquiring premium talent to take his teams to the next level.

I think he can take us to the level of maybe the Blue Jays, as an also ran, but I don't think we'll see the playoffs under his tenure.

How can you say that good pitching is no longer as important as it was? Have you not seen the Orioles pitching situaion in the last decade? Give me a break. Pitching wins games. So does sluggin but they cant beat you if they cant hit you. Period.

He seems to be obsessed with pitching, when good pitching is no longer as important as it once was.

This is just ignorant dude. I'm sorry, but it is.

Why'd the Yankees go out and get Sabathia and Burnett? They couldn't have just landed Tex and been able to win a title. Yes he played a huge part but they needed two arms.

It's always the pitching. Always, always, always. Why'd the Braves win their division every year in the 90's and early 2000's?

The latest sentiment is that Matusz will be a #2 at best.

The guy is going to be a really good pitcher, but he won't be among the best in baseball IMO.

The latest sentiment? Who's sentiment is that? Yours???

In your opinion he won't be among the best in baseball?

Everything we have all heard about Matusz is about how much everyone loves him and what a stud they think he will be. The guy more than held his own in his first time up this year. And you are saying the latest sentiment is that he will be a #2 at best?

Some people might buy your arguments, but I don't.

Archived