Chris Tillman: To trade or not to trade?

JTrea81

And Im sure he would give up Tillman for 6 years of a big time #4 hitter. How much longer is Tillman under control for.

Also, if you remember, AM stated that "arms are mor fragile that position players are".

You are sure Uh? Can't agree with you even a little bit. MacPhail puts pitching ahead of hitting. He also has been clear about growing the pitching. I think you are way off base. MacPhail already has his clean up hitter of the future. His name is Wieters. He just needs someone to fill in until Wieters is ready to take over the job.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL...You don't watch much baseball do you...There are tons of great curveballs out there.

And he doesn't have better stuff than Matusz..at least not right now.

Yeah, a good curve won't do you much good when your fastball stands a good chance of being hit onto Eutaw Street...

Apparently not or else he doesn't know a curve from a fastball in watching someone pitch. Hayden Penn has a batting practice fastball and a mediocre Triple A curve (at best). Tillman has a curve that resembles several HOF pitchers I have seen including Palmer. The difference as you say is night and day.

So does Rich Hill Old fan? Do you think Rich Hill is going to the HOF? I don't think so. Sarfate's curve is wicked. You can't pitch off a curve, and only a curve.

Exuse me? Im not a child poster giving you the Nany, Nanny...Im giving you facts...something that you can't seem to come up with...

I'm giving you actuall Minor league #s to compare the two, and you are just rambling on and on and on and on...AND ON

You are right, thanks for putting me in my place. Your constant rambling, poor grammar and rediculous posts have put me into submission. Rediculous.

One thing you have done, which is pretty impressive, you have forced me to use the ignore feature on this site. So congrats.

LOL...You don't watch much baseball do you...There are tons of great curveballs out there.

And he doesn't have better stuff than Matusz..at least not right now.

Tell me one guy in the entire Orioles organization within the past

20 years who had a curve as good as Tillman's. (Other than Mussina or Olson and possibly Bedard). You cannot do it because there hasn't been anyone.

Yes we need to trade him...for MCab...we can't just keep waiting like we did with Lowen, DCab, Penn, Biggbie, Gibbons ect

So lets trade him while he has value, and we still have Arrieta, Britton, Erbe, Lebron, Johnson, Patton, ect.

Yea, lets go out add top players that still don't make us good like Javy, Miguel, and Raffy.

I agree...Tillman beats them both "upstairs"...But the way you are dismissing things and acting in this thread is the type of thinking that has caused this team to be so pathetic and have such poor luck with pitching over the years.

Actually, putting too much into the wrong prospects is the thinking that has caused the team to be so bad.

This actually reminds me of the "Turning Point" thread about the Belle signing, and how that move led to the organization becoming gun-shy on free agents after getting burned. Just because the team got burned in the past doesn't mean it will happen again as long as they learn from the past mistakes.

I'm not opposed to trading Tillman, and there are plenty of things to be worried about as with all young pitchers, but the straight-on comparisons to Hayden Penn that are being used as justification for throwing his name around are a little much.

At the very least, Tillman has a MUCH better baseball name.

Actually, putting too much into the wrong prospects is the thinking that has caused the team to be so bad.

This actually reminds me of the "Turning Point" thread about the Belle signing, and how that move led to the organization becoming gun-shy on free agents after getting burned. Just because the team got burned in the past doesn't mean it will happen again as long as they learn from the past mistakes.

I'm not opposed to trading Tillman, and there are plenty of things to be worried about as with all young pitchers, but the straight-on comparisons to Hayden Penn that are being used as justification for throwing his name around are a little much.

At the very least, Tillman has a MUCH better baseball name.

Penns name was out there too in 2005, but Tillman has a better curve. But hey, Rich Hill has a curve.

Rich Hills curve ball is great, but thats about the only thing he has. Bedard has a wicked on also, so I agree, he isn't watching many other teams

Hill's is only great when he controls it which he doesn't consistently do. Bedard had a wicked curve I agree, but it isn't any better than Tillmans and I don't think it breaks as sharply. He just throws it harder.

You are sure Uh? Can't agree with you even a little bit. MacPhail puts pitching ahead of hitting. He also has been clear about growing the pitching. I think you are way off base. MacPhail already has his clean up hitter of the future. His name is Wieters. He just needs someone to fill in until Wieters is ready to take over the job.

And why should we depend on Wieters to take over the cleanup role?

He may not hit any better than Varitek in his prime for example.

Now granted Varitek was a heck of a hitter for his prime, but I wouldn't go making him the cleanup hitter.

Wouldn't it be even better to have a .900+ OPS bat to put in the lineup with Wieters?

Archived