Chris Tillman: To trade or not to trade?

JTrea81

You are right, thanks for putting me in my place. Your constant rambling, poor grammar and rediculous posts have put me into submission. Rediculous.

One thing you have done, which is pretty impressive, you have forced me to use the ignore feature on this site. So congrats.

Well aren't you special :laughlol::clap3:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And why should we depend on Wieters to take over the cleanup role?

He may not hit any better than Varitek in his prime for example.

Now granted Varitek was a heck of a hitter for his prime, but I wouldn't go making him the cleanup hitter.

Wouldn't it be even better to have a .900+ OPS bat to put in the lineup with Wieters?

Sure if it didn't cost the O's one of their high quality young starters.

Only Bedard would even be close to Tillman's and he didn't have it at Tillman's age either.

LOL...You just don't know what you are talking about.

Riley's curve was unquestionably right there with Tillman's..and he had a better fastball to go with it.

He was much more dominant in the minors than Tillman and did it at the same age as Tillman.

And Jeter came out talking about the curve of Loewen and how he felt he was going to be a good one.

LOL...You just don't know what you are talking about.

Riley's curve was unquestionably right there with Tillman's..and he had a better fastball to go with it.

He was much more dominant in the minors than Tillman and did it at the same age as Tillman.

And Jeter came out talking about the curve of Loewen and how he felt he was going to be a good one.

I disagree but admit I don't know what Riley looked like in the minors. I do recall he wasn't very impressive at the major league level. His curve wasn't close to what I have seen from Tillman. I also saw Loewen and while his was better than Matusz's curve it also wasn't close to the jaw dropping off the table break of Tillman's. Tillman's is every bit as good as Palmer's or Mussina's. In other words, the knee buckling variety.

Well aren't you special :laughlol::clap3:

Alright kid, I am going to give you one last post before you go, since I am sure it is past your bed time. You are throwing Penn's mil stats at me so I am going to give you some stats and really, they are the only stats that matter. These are Penn's and Tillman's Major league stats. Penn's are over 3years and keep in mind he will soon by 26:

Penn-Over 3 years

IP-80

ERA-8.89

K's-53

BB-54

Whip-2.10

BAA-.329

Oh yeah and out of baseball.

Tillman-Rookie Year

IP-65

ERA-5.4

K's-39

BB-24

Whip-1.55

BAA-.297

One of the core pitchers that AM loves.

To compare the two is rediculous. Now off to bed so the grown ups can talk.

Alright kid, I am going to give you one last post before you go, since I am sure it is past your bed time. You are throwing Penn's mil stats at me so I am going to give you some stats and really, they are the only stats that matter. These are Penn's and Tillman's Major league stats. Penn's are over 3years and keep in mind he will soon by 26:

Penn-Over 3 years

IP-80

ERA-8.89

K's-53

BB-54

Whip-2.10

BAA-.329

Tillman-Rookie Year

IP-65

ERA-5.4

K's-39

BB-24

Whip-1.55

BAA-.297

We were never talking about their MLB stats, this was prospect comparison...not MLB...we were talking how they were both regarded as virtually the same prospects coming through the system.

I'm staying up I think it's past your bedtime, you just opened up another can of worms, that was out of the blue and random.

Had to give some kind of #s didn't you? Sorry to break the news, they weren't even relevant to the subject and what we were talking about....

Penn-Over 3 years

IP-80

ERA-8.89

K's-53

BB-54

Whip-2.10

BAA-.329

Tillman-Rookie Year

IP-65

ERA-5.4

K's-39

BB-24

Whip-1.55

BAA-.297

Do you even know my age????

True, but Tillman has one that you might only seen once every twenty years. (Yes, its that good). His fastball is his secondary pitch and if he learns to keep it down he could easily become the future ACE of this staff. His stuff is much better than Matsuz who is only ahead of him right now as he is more mature and has better command. (Its certainly not that his stuff is better).

Jimmy Haynes had just a good if not better curve ball then Tillman. Look how he turned out.

Love the homerism on this board.

What are with all of these comparisons to Rich Hill? Tillman's fastball AND change-up are both superior to Hill's. Plus, he has much better command, which is only going to get better as he matures.

WE were discussing pitching with only a curveball, and someone said well look at Rich Hill, that's all he does, and look where it got him :)

Cabrera is in a different group, and we are a different team now...

Tejada was a year removed from an MVP season. Pamero was coming off a season where he hit 38 homeruns and had 112 RBI. Lopez was coming off a season in which he had 43 homeruns and 109 RBI as a catcher. Now I'll admit that M-Cab is better than those three individually, but to say he is another group is insane and I would like to know your logic behind it. The 2003 Orioles won seven more games than the 2009 Orioles. How are we such a different team?

Archived