Tigers are close to trading Edwin Jackson

jdmyprez

I guess it comes down to - why should NY wait for Austin Jackson to develop, when they can get an already developed version of him - in Granderson?

Arizona significantly boosts their pitching.

Detroit saves money getting a nice package of young players - with A Jackson (Ajax?) hopefully duplicating Granderson's career path.

Speaking of downward trends, Granderson's OPS+ the last 3 years - 135, 123, and 100.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you can make a determination from there end until you see how Granderson responds to that park and with their team.

It wouldn't be the first time they picked up someone coming off a few down years and he immediately bounces back. If he gets back to being a 5-6 WAR player, this is a huge win for him. Even if he stays in the 3-3.5 WAR range, its a nice addition, although the guys they give up are certainly very talented.

I guess, but does Yankee stadium help him learn how to hit left-handed pitching?

Career vs. LHP -- .210/.270/.344/.614

2009 vs LHP -- .183/.245/.239/.484

:eektf::eektf::eektf::eektf::eektf:

I guess it comes down to - why should NY wait for Austin Jackson to develop, when they can get an already developed version of him - in Granderson?

Arizona significantly boosts their pitching.

Detroit saves money getting a nice package of young players - with A Jackson (Ajax?) hopefully duplicating Granderson's career path.

Speaking of downward trends, Granderson's OPS+ the last 3 years - 135, 123, and 100.

Personally, I think I take 5 years of Scherzer over 3 years of Jackson/6 years of Kennedy. Just me, though.

I don't think you can make a determination from there end until you see how Granderson responds to that park and with their team.

It wouldn't be the first time they picked up someone coming off a few down years and he immediately bounces back. If he gets back to being a 5-6 WAR player, this is a huge win for him. Even if he stays in the 3-3.5 WAR range, its a nice addition, although the guys they give up are certainly very talented.

Agreed. Scott Brosius immediately comes to mind.

I don't get why Arizona makes this trade. Edwin Jackson's career numbers don't suggest that he's going to be a better pitcher than Max Scherzer going forward, and he's also more expensive and under team control for fewer seasons. And Arizona had to throw in another first-round arm. They overpaid for Jackson based on one good season.

I don't get why Arizona makes this trade. Edwin Jackson's career numbers don't suggest that he's going to be a better pitcher than Max Scherzer going forward, and he's also more expensive and under team control for fewer seasons. And Arizona had to throw in another first-round arm. They overpaid for Jackson based on one good season.

Didn't see Schlereth was included, a well. Now I dislike the deal for NYA and for ARI. Good job, DET.

Archived