Jayson Stark reports the O's are after Nick Johnson

jdmyprez

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick Johnson bites.... Why dont we just move Scott to 1B?????????????????????

This is AM's idea of upgrading the team.....Heck why dont we just bring Huff back?

Well, at least you provide some quality reasons for why you don't want him.:rolleyes:???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, at least you provide some quality reasons for why you don't want him.:rolleyes:???????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see Injuries ...Lack of Power ...Lots of better options... Did I mention the injuries :rolleyes: He's not the #4 hitter the Orioles desperately need ...Oh & did I menton the injuries:D

Lets see Injuries ...Lack of Power ...Lots of better options... Did I mention the injuries :rolleyes: He's not the #4 hitter the Orioles desperately need ...Oh & did I menton the injuries:D

You have a few valid points, he does have injury problems and he does not have a ton of power, but he still has a career OPS of 849, when healthy is a very good batter and I would argue that there are really not many if any better options in FA for 1B.

You're pretty great at creating straw men.

Who thinks he is "the number 4 hitter this team needs"? He's not a long term answer, he's just a solid stop gap. Delgado would probably be a better option. I'll take whichever agrees to a 1-year deal.

You're pretty great at creating straw men.

Who thinks he is "the number 4 hitter this team needs"? He's not a long term answer, he's just a solid stop gap. Delgado would probably be a better option. I'll take whichever agrees to a 1-year deal.

Really ???? What are you good at?

I want the Orioles to plug holes on this team with Type A talent ,.... Not Type B

So if the Orioles add Feliz & Johnson who bats cleanup???? No one that could even hit 3-5 on the Yankees or Red Sox. You know the teams we compete against. I personally dont care if its free agent or trade.

Expecting both Bell & Snyder to turn into stars as well is a serious leap of faith. We'd be lucky to have 1 turn into that.

You have a few valid points, he does have injury problems and he does not have a ton of power, but he still has a career OPS of 849, when healthy is a very good batter and I would argue that there are really not many if any better options in FA for 1B.

Sure hes a good #2 hitter or # 6 hitter

Well, it's a gamble...but if he can stay SOMEWHAT healthy, will be worth while. If he stays healthy all year (makes...130-140 starts), do you reward him with an extension?

I would give him 2 years off the bat, so I would not give him any extension beyond that, first year he can start until Snyder ready 2nd year he can back-up and DH. I would be very happy to get two semi years of a healthy Nick Johnson, the guy might not be the best player out there but it would be nice to watch a guy with a real good idea of what he wants to do at the plate.

Sure hes a good #2 hitter or # 6 hitter

I'll take a guy with a .400 OBP any time. The power is not ideal but a high OBP is the single most important thing a hitter can provide. Health is a bigger issue to me, but as long as the contract isn't too long and is reasonably priced, I wouldn't let that get in the way.

I'll take a guy with a .400 OBP any time. The power is not ideal but a high OBP is the single most important thing a hitter can provide. Health is a bigger issue to me, but as long as the contract isn't too long and is reasonably priced, I wouldn't let that get in the way.

I said he injuries 3 times in my previous post. I just want to see the Orioles add Tier 1 guys like our competition.

I said he injuries 3 times in my previous post. I just want to see the Orioles add Tier 1 guys like our competition.

They're developing their own "tier 1 guys."

There's really nothing out there that they can realistically get this year. What do you expect? Holliday? Lackey?

It ain't happenin'.

They're developing their own "tier 1 guys."

There's really nothing out there that they can realistically get this year. What do you expect? Holliday? Lackey?

It ain't happenin'.

Really the Orioles dont have a potential #4 hitter in their system IMO much less one that can do A adequate JOB THERE THIS YEAR . I'd certainly wouldnt mind seeing Lackey or Holiday or both. Holiday could bat #4 & play Left field ...We could dangle Pie or Reimold ...along with Scott & a few pitchers not named Tillman & Matusz & get a M-Cab or Gonzalez with a extension.

Really the Orioles dont have a potential #4 hitter in their system IMO much less one that can do A adequate JOB THERE THIS YEAR . I'd certainly wouldnt mind seeing Lackey or Holiday or both. Holiday could bat #4 & play Left field ...We could dangle Pie or Reimold ...along with Scott & a few pitchers not named Tillman & Matusz & get a M-Cab or Gonzalez with a extension.

You won't see Lackey or Holliday. They're going to some team that will give them 6 and 8 years, respectively.

You know, bad contracts.

It's really just a matter of being confident that MacPhail is competent, honestly. He's more than proven his ability to make a good deal.

Archived