Jayson Stark reports the O's are after Nick Johnson

jdmyprez

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks Wieters is going to be our no. 4 hitter as of some time in 2010? All this talk that we need a no. 4 is short term thinking IMO. With Jones, Markakis, Wieters and Reimold we're fine 2-5 in the long run. I will bet on 90-100 HR from those four in 2010.

Am I the only one who thinks Wieters is going to be our no. 4 hitter as of some time in 2010? All this talk that we need a no. 4 is short term thinking IMO. With Jones, Markakis, Wieters and Reimold we're fine 2-5 in the long run. I will bet on 90-100 HR from those four in 2010.

I dont think Wieters will hit enough homers.

He's the prototype for a #3 hitter, IMO. The only weakness is his lack of speed.

I like Wieters a lot, and I think he will be a 30+ HR guy. But I do not see him as a #3 hitter. I see him as either a #4 or #5. Reimold, if he can carry on from last year, is a prototype #3 hitter IMO. I just don't think Wieters fits, he will be a basepath clog at #3.

I completely agree. I think this "quest" for a "middle of the order bat" that everyone speaks of is way exaggerated as well. Many OH'ers are clamoring loudly that obtaining some more pop at the #4 spot is "vital" to our success going forward.

While I agree that at some point, if we want to contend, we'll need some more "pop" at that spot in the order, I still believe that Wieters could very well be that guy as early as mid-season 2010.

This next season is still a season for development to see what we've really got. Personally, I'd like to let it play out rather than desperately seeking some expensive and overpaid FA.

It depends who ends up at 1B and 3B, but I think Nolan is a good 4 candidate with a discerning eye and power. I'd prefer to see BRob, Nick, Wieters and Nolan at the top of the lineup with AJ fifth for now.

It depends who ends up at 1B and 3B, but I think Nolan is a good 4 candidate with a discerning eye and power. I'd prefer to see BRob, Nick, Wieters and Nolan at the top of the lineup with AJ fifth for now.

As things stand today, I agree with this...Nick 2 and Wieters 3 is what i want to see.

Both players are the most comfortable in those spots in the lineup, so why not go with it? let them bat where they feel they are at their best...Even if it is a bs mental thing, so what...It is what it is, so go with it.

I'd put Nolan and Nick at #2 and #3, or vice versa, don't care which one is which. Maybe try it both ways and see.

I'd bat Wieters 4th, AJ 5th, and Luke 6th.

Archived