Yankees to get Granderson

beaner

I've heard lots of people saying this is done and then saying its falling apart.

Interesting trade if its true. Granderson has some nice skills, but he's also got some blemishes. The Yanks giving up Austin Jackson and Ian Kennedy for him is a lot.

Nice return for Detroit if they walk away with Jackson, Scherzer, Schlereth, and Coke.

Still, I'd be surprised if this gets done. Too many variables, IMO.

According to two articles on MLB.com today (source 1, 2) it looks like we could be getting close to our first big trade of the off-season.

Gathering the names from the articles, it looks like the current deal would look something like this:

Tigers

Gives:

Receives:

Yankees

Gives:

Gets:

D-backs

Gives:

Gets:

Interesting... I have to say I like the Yankees side the best.

I've heard lots of people saying this is done and then saying its falling apart.

Interesting trade if its true. Granderson has some nice skills, but he's also got some blemishes. The Yanks giving up Austin Jackson and Ian Kennedy for him is a lot.

Nice return for Detroit if they walk away with Jackson, Scherzer, Schlereth, and Coke.

Still, I'd be surprised if this gets done. Too many variables, IMO.

Rosenthal is saying it's basically done. Medical records are being reviewed now.

mlbtraderumors says it's done.

I think the DBacks just won this trade hands down.

Really? I wouldn't trade Scherzer for Jackson straight up, personally. Jackson has good stuff but he has had exactly one good season, and Scherzer's peripherals were better than Jackson's even last season. Plus Scherzer is under team control for 3 or 4 more years than Jackson.

On top of that, Arizona gives up another first round arm for Ian Kennedy, who is regarded as back-end rotation fodder at best.

I don't know who the winner of the trade is, but I'd say Arizona is the loser.

I think he means E. Jackson to DBacks. It's confusing because he only used commas. The trade has been Jackson to Arizona all along so I don't think that would have changed.

Yes, my mistake...Yankees would only get Granderson...Thanks!

Yes, my mistake...Yankees would only get Granderson...Thanks!

Yeah, one of the first "rumor" articles said that the Yankees were also getting one of Arizona's prospects, so I though Schlereth was going to New York. If that had been the case, I would've liked this deal much more for the Yankees. But it isn't, so..... nice haul by the Tigers.

Sigh, I did like Granderson. I know he didn't have any choice in the matter, but I'm disappointed in the results of this trade.

Exactly my feelings. Granderson is one of my favorite non-Orioles players and now, of course, he's a Yankee. Such a drag.

Archived