Yankees to get Granderson

beaner

Anyone else a little disappointed that we have to start blindly rooting against Curtis Granderson? He seems like a really great guy both on and off the field. I've always had a lot of respect for him.

I guess I should be getting used to it...

I see your point. I guess the difference is that from all that I have read, Granderson seems to be one the the guys I most respect in the league. Maybe Bettis is too, I don't really know. It's just a lot easier when the Yanks sign people like T-bags. I can't really think of a single guy on the Yanks that I would otherwise like, other than maybe swisher. The rest of them seem like cheaters. Derek Jeter seems like a good dude, but he's been a Yank since I first heard his name...so it's been easy to dislike him.

I see your point. I guess the difference is that from all that I have read, Granderson seems to be one the the guys I most respect in the league. Maybe Bettis is too, I don't really know. It's just a lot easier when the Yanks sign people like T-bags. I can't really think of a single guy on the Yanks that I would otherwise like, other than maybe swisher. The rest of them seem like cheaters. Derek Jeter seems like a good dude, but he's been a Yank since I first heard his name...so it's been easy to dislike him.

lol im talking about the two threads about the subject below.

I agree that the Tigers won on this deal. But the fact that people have come out on the side of all three teams says that it was a good three-way trade.

However, I think the D-backs clearly lost. Both of those pitchers are really going to be good at their peak. Edwin Jackson is good...I really think he is, despite the prevailing opinion on OH--he was filthy when he came to Bal last year..but they are giving up to future great pitcher for one that is older.

Boo to the Yanks...I love Granderson and will find it diffiicult to root against him. Schlereth may end up being the Ace or their staff once Sabathia falls off.

Jeter is a great guy on and off the field, and many of you treat him like he's, well....

Granderson seems like an awesome guy as well, let's not overreact here..Root against the jersey yes, but it shouldn't change your opinion of the man.

It really is a great deal for the Tigers...I have no idea what the DBacks are doing.

The Yankees essentially trade Jackson for Granderson...Perhaps long term that hurts them but short term, it is a great deal for them.

Jackson, Coke and Kennedy. Let's not forget that it wasn't that long ago Kennedy was too valuable to be included in a Johan Santana trade. TJ surgery or no, he's still a talented arm. And Coke was a top-ten prospect for them last year.

They got a good deal, but this wasn't a fleecing.

What's really interesting is that Granderson and Jackson have fairly comparable minor-league numbers in most categories. Granderson hit for a lot more power, but otherwise it's an interesting comparison.

It really is a great deal for the Tigers...I have no idea what the DBacks are doing.

The Yankees essentially trade Jackson for Granderson...Perhaps long term that hurts them but short term, it is a great deal for them.

Yup, DBacks lose and everyone else wins big time.

Archived