Sox after Dreamboat Adrian Gonzalez

Hank Scorpio

Gotta give it up to the Stros. They have a great strategy this offseason, so far they're executing it, and if they get AGon, he only costs $5 mil or so a year for the next 2 years - so he basically costs what a mediocre closer would cost. As much as I don't like to make moves based on how they affect the Sawx or Yankees, I'd like the O's to sneak in there and beat em out for AGon - and here "Red Sox Nation"'s collective wtf - taking notice for the first time in a decade that there's a team in Baltimore.

Good Lord, we could easily top that offer or at the worst meet it. I just don't understand this FO's reluctance to deal a few prospects who may never develop into very much. I haven't seen Kelly but I saw Westmoreland twice last summer and he looked very average. Very much hyped for what I saw. Just my two cents. Happy Friday!!:)

If the Red Sox don't make this trade, does that mean we can stop hearing people whine about how the Orioles need to make it?

I find this kind of funny that the Padres are after three overhyped players: Ellsbury, Buchholz and Westmoreland. I really think we could give them something a lot closer to the real deal such as Tillman, Arrietta, and Pie/Prospect. Buchholz does not have a top major league fastball, tends to be erratic and is really nothing more than a fourth or fifth starter IMHO. Ellsbury has definite more upside to his career but serveral writers here who follow the Sox closely feel he is what he is and will be nothing more than a slight above average leadoff guy with little power. Westmoreland is being compared to Markakis at similar career stages but watching this kid last summer, I don't see as such. Overall, I just think we can bring something better to the table than what Boston is offering. Our FO just needs the balls to pull the trigger:)

Archived