O's nearing deal with reliever Gonzalez

fansince1988

This is the MacPhail I like. Pulling things way outta left field. You’re led towards Rodney, but then (possibly) you get Mike Gonzalez. I like this potential signing. This gives a lot of hope towards potential acquisitions for third base. MacPhail, you crafty devil!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well they already got rid of Jacobs and traded away Teahen who's going to play hot corners for KC? Hosmer? Just to make this clear Gonzo is a better pitcher then flat-breezy .

I wonder if flat breezy isn't avaiable now as a salary dump?

Closer should have been at the bottom of our list IMO, but if MacPhail thinks we need one so bad, hopefully that is a sign that he expects us to be a winning team this year.

Most importantly this is the first major FA Boras client MacPhail or the Orioles for that matter will have ever signed. Granted he's not a superstar, but he's a good talented reliever.

Lefties have batted .201 against him for his career. Nice.

Most impressed by the fact that AM lured a type A FA to come to Baltimore. This is a guy that had reported interest from all the big boys, including Skanks and Sux.

Lefties have batted .201 against him for his career. Nice.

Most impressed by the fact that AM lured a type A FA to come to Baltimore. This is a guy that had reported interest from all the big boys, including Skanks and Sux.

MacPhail has always had a reputation as a great winer and diner.

Closer should have been at the bottom of our list IMO, but if MacPhail thinks we need one so bad, hopefully that is a sign that he expects us to be a winning team this year.

Most importantly this is the first major FA Boras client MacPhail or the Orioles for that matter will have ever signed.

I forgot that. You're right, that's a big deal.

Well, we wouldn't lose a pick, he's younger, and I think his ceiling is higher.

Higher as in ERA? I had Capps on my Fantasy team he struggles a lot. Not to mention adds a much needed lefty to bullpen plus it's a Boras client as someone stated above. This feels like good off-season now if it was Capps I be okay with it but, I take the lost off a pick and bring in Gonzo anyday.

Archived