Orioles after Adrian Gonzalez?

JTrea81

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shudder to think what we'd have to give up to acquire him. Would much rather go out and overpay a little for a premium bat than give up so much young talent. I can't see any way we could bring Gonzalez here without atleast one of Tillman, Matusz, Arrieta, or Britton.

I shudder to think what we'd have to give up to acquire him. Would much rather go out and overpay a little for a premium bat than give up so much young talent. I can't see any way we could bring Gonzalez here without atleast one of Tillman, Matusz, Arrieta, or Britton.

MacPhail has said he's not adverse to giving up young pitching for a LT solution.

Hey the guy just signed a Boras free agent... ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Probably just AM doing his due diligence.

Interesting, though. I can't imagine a world where AM would give up what it'd take without some kind of extension.

Hey at least bid him up so Boston has to give up a ton.

It would be one of the best offseasons in quite some time if we could pull off landing him though...

Like I said in the other thread (and like others have already stated), MacPhail better be able to work out a deal without giving up too much talent. I'm pretty damn scared as to what we'd give up for Gonzalez, if some of the threads' trade ideas hold true.

It just seems like a lot for a guy who didn't even get 100 RBIs last year (although I know he played for the Padres and had 40 hrs). I know he has extreme potential to be a powerhouse, but the Orioles MUST make sure they extend him before trading for him. That would be the one caveat to the trade that I would demand.

Archived