Orioles after Adrian Gonzalez?

JTrea81

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hang on for the ride! :laughlol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DixnDjsEta0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DixnDjsEta0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just to add fuel to the fire:

Like i said in another thread, I think we may have someone posting online with insider information. (Check the thread for details)

But take this into consideration:

This possible insider has now made two correct predictions:

First a left handed closer for around $7 million -- Gonzalez.

Now, Atkins...

So why do I bring this up in an A-Gon thread?

This possible insider did say we would trade for a bat.

And he said this earlier today in an Adriene Gonzalez to the Red Sox thread:

Why not offer Adam Jones straight up for A-Gonzalez

Padres wanted Ellsbury and another top pitcher from Boston,plus someone else, Jones won't cut it.

Just to add fuel to the fire:

Like i said in another thread, I think we may have someone posting online with insider information. (Check the thread for details)

But take this into consideration:

This possible insider has now made two correct predictions:

First a left handed closer for around $7 million -- Gonzalez.

Now, Atkins...

So why do I bring this up in an A-Gon thread?

This possible insider did say we would trade for a bat.

And he said this earlier today in an Adriene Gonzalez to the Red Sox thread:

I hear you. I really think that Jones is going to S.D in a Gonzalez trade. Jones + one of the young pitchers. I said, David Hernandez. Hernandez does not equal Buckholz, but Ellsbury does not equal Jones. And Jones is a hometown boy. I love that deal. I would do it in a second.

I hear you. I really think that Jones is going to S.D in a Gonzalez trade. Jones + one of the young pitchers. I said, David Hernandez. Hernandez does not equal Buckholz, but Ellsbury does not equal Jones. And Jones is a hometown boy. I love that deal. I would do it in a second.

It only makes sense if we can extend Gonzalez. And that, to me, is doubtful.

I recall a poster during the season saying that he ran into Adam Jones at a bar, and Jones made a crack about the Orioles really having to pony up cash if they want to keep him long term.

I am not sure that he is a guy who wants to stick around forever.

Would you trade Jones, Bell and a top 4 pitching prospect to SD for A-Gon, assuming the O's could lock him up for 6 years?

I recall a poster during the season saying that he ran into Adam Jones at a bar, and Jones made a crack about the Orioles really having to pony up cash if they want to keep him long term.

I am not sure that he is a guy who wants to stick around forever.

Would you trade Jones, Bell and a top 4 pitching prospect to SD for A-Gon, assuming the O's could lock him up for 6 years?

The same could very well be said of Gonzalez. And even if Jones decides to live up to a wisecrack that he may have once made in a bar, the O's still have him for four more years.

Jones and Bell and a top pitching prospect for Gonzalez would be too much. They shouldn't even consider that without another long-term possibvle solution at 3B.

Archived