Rosenthal: Orioles Join Holliday Bidding

MarylandTerp08

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF the Holliday rumor is true, then I think AM must be going all in to field a winner this season.

To me, that means the AGon trade is next on the agenda. If the O's can move Pie or Jones, Tillman, Hernandez and some minor league prospects (Joseph, Erbe, etc) for AGon AND sign another free agent pitcher (Bedard, Sheets or Pineiro) then the O's look like a team that can compete with the Red Sox and Yankees on paper assuming Matusz, Bergesen and Wieters are the real deal.

If AM can find a way to get AGon without moving Jones in the deal....wow that's an offense to drool over.

As I've said before signing Holliday gives the Orioles options.

They now can trade one or two of Reimold, Jones, Pie or Scott for whatever they want.

If you want Gonzalez, Jones could be expendable with Holliday in LF for example.

If AM signs Holliday and trades for AGon are you writing a full retraction of all the bad things you've ever said about him? :P

In fact, Reimold OPS'd .831 last year.

Hollidays 2009 Oakland OPS? .831, the lowest in his career.

The only thing is that he has proven himself, while we don't know if Reimold will tank in his soph. season. That's it.

But don't pay attention to anything contrarian, don't let me keep you all from wetting yourselves from spending millions and millions and making a big sexy FA splash. I mean, thats all that matters.

The thing about him playing for Oakland was that he had zero protection. He would have some in Baltimore.

If AM can find a way to get AGon without moving Jones in the deal....wow that's an offense to drool over.

I can't even figure out how that line up would even look!!

Roberts

Markakis

Holliday

Gonzalez

Weiters

Riemold

Jones

Atkins

Izturiz

Kinda makes you wonder what do you do when you have a bunch of number 2-3 hitters. Defiantly a problem we want!

IF the Holliday rumor is true, then I think AM must be going all in to field a winner this season.

To me, that means the AGon trade is next on the agenda. If the O's can move Pie or Jones, Tillman, Hernandez and some minor league prospects (Joseph, Erbe, etc) for AGon AND sign another free agent pitcher (Bedard, Sheets or Pineiro) then the O's look like a team that can compete with the Red Sox and Yankees on paper assuming Matusz, Bergesen and Wieters are the real deal.

I would imagine it is one or the other (Holliday or Gonzalez), not both. To be honest, I would be happy if we could land Holliday much less Gonzalez.

I can't even figure out how that line up would even look!!

Roberts

Markakis

Holliday

Gonzalez

Weiters

Riemold

Jones

Atkins

Izturiz

Kinda makes you wonder what do you do when you have a bunch of number 2-3 hitters. Defiantly a problem we want!

Okay I'm back from mopping up the buckets of drool that appeared on my desk over the past few minutes.

Yes that's a mighty mighty lineup.

Archived