O's view Atkins as a cleanup hitter!?

ChaosLex

I may have been sleeping the past decade but why do we keep Crowley as the hitting coach? I don't recall any time where he did anything more than average with the hitters on the team.

Have I missed something? What player has he improved? How have the orioles offensive numbers been with him as Batting Coach?

and why would we expect that he could do anything for Atkins?

Felix Pie improved tremendously from working dilligently with Crow.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are you talking about?

I am not talking about last year when he first came up.

I am talking about OD of 2010...Try to keep up.

This is what you said:

What else does DT need to see?

Nick has stated he prefers to bat second and his numbers show that.

Wieters said that he prefers to bat third and last September, he hit well batting third.

Why is DT so clueless to these things? Just bat these 2 guys, who are likely your 2 best offensive players, in the spots in the lineup where they are the most comfortable and where their numbers bear out that they are better.

Why is this is do difficult for someone who has been around the game as long as DT has...Hell, why is this so difficult for a monkey?

Considering DT has yet to put out a 2010 lineup, I don't know how you can call him clueless for making a decision that he hasn't made yet.

So Wieters ended the season hitting third, no real reason to think that he won't start the year hitting third. But I guess you just want to complain about something that may or may not happen.

I'll summarize for you. Unless DT has posted his OD lineup somewhere, you have nothing to complain about. Don't make stuff up to complain about, my wife does stuff like that.

Well Roch did mention Reimold batting second...Do you think Terry Crowley makes up the lineup? Maybe a beer vendor?

or quite possibly, the manager makes up the lineup???

Also, we have seen several different times that Nick batting third and Wieters further down the lineup seems to be the plan.

So yes, he has been mentioned, whether directly or indirectly and yes, if DT does this, he will be clueless and ignoring stats and the players wishes.

Plus, he didn't bat Nick second a lot last year as well, despite the numbers and Nick's wishes.

Felix Pie wants to play CF, DT shouldn't players wishes.

This is what you said:

Considering DT has yet to put out a 2010 lineup, I don't know how you can call him clueless for making a decision that he hasn't made yet.

So Wieters ended the season hitting third, no real reason to think that he won't start the year hitting third. But I guess you just want to complain about something that may or may not happen.

I'll summarize for you. Unless DT has posted his OD lineup somewhere, you have nothing to complain about. Don't make stuff up to complain about, my wife does stuff like that.

:laughlol:

Of course Trembley hasn't put together an Opening Day lineup in December. This is Roch speculating and SG subsequently trashing Trembley because of it.

What else does DT need to see?

Nick has stated he prefers to bat second and his numbers show that.

Wieters said that he prefers to bat third and last September, he hit well batting third.

Why is DT so clueless to these things? Just bat these 2 guys, who are likely your 2 best offensive players, in the spots in the lineup where they are the most comfortable and where their numbers bear out that they are better.

Why is this is do difficult for someone who has been around the game as long as DT has...Hell, why is this so difficult for a monkey?

Did you just trash Trembley based off of Roch's speculation or your imagination?

Felix Pie wants to play CF, DT shouldn't players wishes.

Anyone should see that Markakis is not a number three hitter on any team but the Orioles. He is best suited for number two and the only reason DT keeps sticking him at three is he doesn't have a three or four hitter. That falls on McPhail to do his job and fill these voids. So far he is batting zero in that regard.:( If I was managing the team though I would try Wieters. I actually think he could be good enough to hit third. A four or cleanup hitter is what this team is truly missing.

What are you talking about?

I am not talking about last year when he first came up.

I am talking about OD of 2010...Try to keep up.

Ooohh Boy! In your face hatepaste!

Look SG, how about we don't go too off topic here. No one has put a lineup in place. Roch is simply relaying some clever PR from the O's. Its not absurd for them to say a guy they just acquired has "potential" to bat fourth. Its not like they've tied him to the spot and spit in the fans faces.

I will concede that Pie improved as a hitter, but will humbly suggest that his improvement may have had as much to do with getting enough AB's to improve. Any hitting coach may have had a similar impact. . . Now i would say that he has not exactly become a danger in the bunting department. . .

An other players who have seen a dramatic increase (or just increase) in their numbers after working with Crow-- followed by a drop off after leaving his tutelage?

he has seemingly been here forever. . . .

Well Roch did mention Reimold batting second...Do you think Terry Crowley makes up the lineup? Maybe a beer vendor?

or quite possibly, the manager makes up the lineup???

Also, we have seen several different times that Nick batting third and Wieters further down the lineup seems to be the plan.

So yes, he has been mentioned, whether directly or indirectly and yes, if DT does this, he will be clueless and ignoring stats and the players wishes.

Plus, he didn't bat Nick second a lot last year as well, despite the numbers and Nick's wishes.

I don't see any reason to call someone clueless for doing something that they haven't even had a chance to do yet. Is your need to be the first to criticize poor decisionmaking SO strong that you have to be in line to do it before the person even has a chance to make the decision?

Anyone should see that Markakis is not a number three hitter on any team but the Orioles. He is best suited for number two and the only reason DT keeps sticking him at three is he doesn't have a three or four hitter. That falls on McPhail to do his job and fill these voids. So far he is batting zero in that regard.:(

Up to this point we haven't had a number 3, Markakis has been it. Now we've got some players that can fit in that role, so we'll see how it goes.

Up to this point we haven't had a number 3, Markakis has been it. Now we've got some players that can fit in that role, so we'll see how it goes.

I would try Wieters hitting third but even if he works out we still lack a big stick at cleanup which is a major need to get this team at least up to 500.

Did you just trash Trembley based off of Roch's speculation or your imagination?

Well, last year, Nick had 60 at bats batting second and 582 at third and cleanup.

Roch has regular conversations with DT and he also is friends with other people in the media that have these conversations...IE, it is probably a little more than speculation.

Now, of course that doesn't mean things can't and won't change...But as of right now, I would bet a large sum of money that Nick is batting third and Wieters is batting 5th or 6th.

I don't see any reason to call someone clueless for doing something that they haven't even had a chance to do yet. Is your need to be the first to criticize poor decisionmaking SO strong that you have to be in line to do it before the person even has a chance to make the decision?

Well, DT was clueless with the handling of Nick in the lineup last year...Why should I think that will change this year?

Archived