O's view Atkins as a cleanup hitter!?

ChaosLex

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, last year, Nick had 60 at bats batting second and 582 at third and cleanup.

Roch has regular conversations with DT and he also is friends with other people in the media that have these conversations...IE, it is probably a little more than speculation.

Now, of course that doesn't mean things can't and won't change...But as of right now, I would bet a large sum of money that Nick is batting third and Wieters is batting 5th or 6th.

I hope you are wrong or its going to be another 70 win season for sure. I want to see NM batting second where he is ideal and Wieters third. If not, I will be among those calling for DT's head - sorry but there is no excuse for making major blunders like this if that is what he indeed does.

How large a sum?

Maybe we can do something here... but I'm guessing you backpedal...

$500? $1000?

Of course, we would need DT to announce his intentions right now because we know if you don't hear it from DT himself, then its not valid.

Oh and you left off the Nick batting second part.....As for Wieters batting 5th or 6th...That I wouldn't be quite as sure about but pretty sure that is where he will bat him, at least to begin with.

he could bat him 4th though.

What else does DT need to see?

Nick has stated he prefers to bat second and his numbers show that.

Wieters said that he prefers to bat third and last September, he hit well batting third.

Why is DT so clueless to these things? Just bat these 2 guys, who are likely your 2 best offensive players, in the spots in the lineup where they are the most comfortable and where their numbers bear out that they are better.

Why is this is do difficult for someone who has been around the game as long as DT has...Hell, why is this so difficult for a monkey?

How did you manage to get a hold of DT's opening day line up? Does it say who we have at 1B? Does it still have Feliz at 3B, and Garland in the rotation?:rolleyestf:

What I find interesting when reviewing Garrett Atkins numbers for the last three years is that he hit more HR's away from Coors field than he did in Coors field. I think Atkins has real power that will play well in OPACY, that he isn't just some product of the rarified air in Coors. No doubt he had a poor season last year and that Crowley has some work to do to get him back on track. But I think there is a good chance that Crowley has success with Atkins, and he gets back to his '06-'08 form.

$500? $1000?

Of course, we would need DT to announce his intentions right now because we know if you don't hear it from DT himself, then its not valid.

You didn't need him to announce anything before trashing him and saying you would make a bet about it. So, it's backpedaling as usual...

Oh and you left off the Nick batting second part.....

No I didn't. You said Nick 3rd *and* Matt 5th or 6th... I'll take that bet without any BS about requiring formal announcements that would never happen...

As of right now....

BRob-2nd

Nick- RF

Wieters- C

Reimold- DH

Jones- CF

Scott- 1st

Atkins- 3rd

Pie- LF

Izzy- SS

I don't know about this exact order, but at this time, assuming we don't sign anyone else (which I think we will), I think this is a safe bet for who will start at each position when the new season arrives.

That leaves a bench of:

C Chad Moeller

CIF Ty Wigginton

MIF Robert Andino/Justin Turner

OF Lou Montanez

That's not bad, considering we still have 1B insurance in Snyder, Aubrey and Hughes, with Bell not too far away from the big league club.

You didn't need him to announce anything before trashing him and saying you would make a bet about it. So, it's backpedaling as usual...

No I didn't. You said Nick 3rd *and* Matt 5th or 6th... I'll take that bet without any BS about requiring formal announcements that would never happen...

So, $500 that Nick bats third and Wieters 5th or 6th on OD?

Actually, that's not even the bet really...i said, as of right now, that is how I think DT would align it...So, how are we going to figure this out? I am open to suggestions from you.

Well Roch did mention Reimold batting second...Do you think Terry Crowley makes up the lineup? Maybe a beer vendor?

or quite possibly, the manager makes up the lineup???

Also, we have seen several different times that Nick batting third and Wieters further down the lineup seems to be the plan.

So yes, he has been mentioned, whether directly or indirectly and yes, if DT does this, he will be clueless and ignoring stats and the players wishes.

Plus, he didn't bat Nick second a lot last year as well, despite the numbers and Nick's wishes.

And if he doesn't will that mean you are clueless for having a snit over something that never happned?:laughlol:

Archived