Wake

Todd-O

We had no business losing this game. I agree that Steffy has been mediocre at best. The interception in the endzone was inexcusable. How can we not get the ball to our playmakers like Heyward-Bey? We have absolutely ZERO passing game. I got sick watching this game...

Now thats a crushing lost.. up 24-3 at their goaline.. let up a 100yard return for TD.. let Wake tie the game with 3seconds left in the 4th, and lose in OT...

Wow, what a horrible blown opportunity.. this game will hurt them all year in Division, and in Conference.

The play call to throw when up 24-3 on third down which led to the interception blows my mind.

Apparently Steffy isn't smart enough to know that it's better to throw it away and settle for 3 than to try and be the hero and fail. That was just moronic. I don't blame the play call...I kind of like going to a pass down there sometimes. But, the QB has to know that if he doesn't have a man wide open, he had better chuck it into the seats.

Apparently Steffy isn't smart enough to know that it's better to throw it away and settle for 3 than to try and be the hero and fail. That was just moronic. I don't blame the play call...I kind of like going to a pass down there sometimes. But, the QB has to know that if he doesn't have a man wide open, he had better chuck it into the seats.

I guess I'm going to be the one to defend Steffy. Wake defense was really confused when you went to 5 wide. We had 1 CB on 2 WRs. Alphonso went with the other guy then came off him and jumped the other route. Steffy made a nice read, but Alphonso made a great play. He is the second best corner in the league behind Tribble from BC IMO.

Amazing how one play can turn an entire season around. This is a terrible loss.

At Rutgers next week. With Penn St. losing today they will probably be ranked #10. I can't recall the last time Maryland beat a Top 10 team on the road. This season could quickly be down the toilet, and we can all point to that intercepton as where it began.

Bottom line:

Maryland doesn't have the horses to a dominant program.

It sucks to say it... but it is a reality.

Ralph's recruiting hasn't cut.

You can't have a 4th year player - the general on field - acting like a Freshman for the first four games of the year.

I guess I'm going to be the one to defend Steffy. Wake defense was really confused when you went to 5 wide. We had 1 CB on 2 WRs. Alphonso went with the other guy then came off him and jumped the other route. Steffy made a nice read, but Alphonso made a great play. He is the second best corner in the league behind Tribble from BC IMO.

If Steffy had made the right read, that INT doesn't happen. You cannot give the DB the chance to make a great play at the 1. You just can't. If there is a chance that happens, you throw it into the seats. Great reads don't result in a pick-six. I don't think he even saw that guy. Alphonso jumped the route, and Steffy didn't see it coming.

Bottom line:

Maryland doesn't have the horses to a dominant program.

It sucks to say it... but it is a reality.

Ralph's recruiting hasn't cut.

You can't have a 4th year player - the general on field - acting like a Freshman for the first four games of the year.

Md. football is seemingly back to where it was during the Vanderlinden years. They just don't have the talent. They have no line. They have no DBs. They have no QB. Fridge might be a great coach, but he doesn't bring in the talent. They don't have the talent to compete in the ACC anymore. Steffy is acting like a Freshmen because he wasn't good enough to play earlier. And that isn't saying much since he was backing up Hollenbach. He's the best we got, and he ain't very good.

Md. football is seemingly back to where it was during the Vanderlinden years.

WOW!! that may be the biggest overreaction I have ever seen or heard!

The fact that they were even in a position to win that game and were only losing to WVU 14-7 at the half proves this statement wrong. How many bowl games did Vandy go to? The game was decicded on one dumb play by the QB and that same play was a horrible play call. If we run and kick the field goal we win the game. Did Vandy ever come within 40 points of beating FSU? The Fridge and Vandy are light years apart.

WOW!! that may be the biggest overreaction I have ever seen or heard!

The fact that they were even in a position to win that game and were only losing to WVU 14-7 at the half proves this statement wrong. How many bowl games did Vandy go to? The game was decicded on one dumb play by the QB and that same play was a horrible play call. If we run and kick the field goal we win the game. Did Vandy ever come within 40 points of beating FSU? The Fridge and Vandy are light years apart.

The program is definitely better off than it was with Vander.

To be solid in college football you have to (a) recruit and (b) coach. One does not work without the other. The only time that coaching can trump mediocre recruiting is when a team is full of 4th and 5th year seniors... of course there is an occasional upset. But, This isn't the NFL where teams can plug seemingly mediocre NFL-talent players into a system.

We need a more consistent flow of talent coming in... and they need to be game prepared before they have their turn in the spotlight.

Archived