We Have The Right GM

Peace21

How would this team,this system,and front office look if we kept Beattiegan or Duq and Flanny as the GMs? I say this because I believe we would be still the laughing stock of MLB. If AM has changed anything its that. I have spoken to several people that are involved with the game and say the Os are serious and doing it right with AM. So if that's the case then why are his own team fans not happy with what he has done?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would this team,this system,and front office look if we kept Beattiegan or Duq and Flanny as the GMs? I say this because I believe we would be still the laughing stock of MLB. If AM has changed anything its that. I have spoken to several people that are involved with the game and say the Os are serious and doing it right with AM. So if that's the case then why are his own team fans not happy with what he has done?

Overall, I am happy with what he has done. That being said though it's easy to see how others (and some days myself) can look at everything the Yankees and Red Sox do and wonder if it will ever be enough. Until we see results from these young pitchers, it's hard to completely see through all the losing.

I am extremely pleased with the direction we are headed. I think we have finally started doing things the right way over the past 2 1/2 years.

With that said, I can certainly understand those who are frustrated with the pace and think AM could be doing more. I agree AM could be doing more, but sometimes more is not right. I suppose I have the patience to see this thing out. Others don't. I believe that is where the anger/frustration comes from.

First of all, the idea of comparing AM to our past GMs is wrong.

Being better than awful isn't an accomplishment.

Secondly, I agree we have the right GM for rebuilding...Do we have the right one to compete in the AL East though? That I am not sure about.

I can tell you this...So far, this has been the disappointing offseason I felt it would be...AM hasn't done a good job of taking advantage of our resources thus far this offseason.

But he will do more. This free agent market stinks and he is saving up for next offseasons crop.

Who is available next year that is such a big deal that you save up for him?

Beckett? Yea right..No way AM is giving out a 5+ year contract to a pitcher.

Mauer? No chance.

Guys like Carlos Pena and Derek Lee aren't going to cost crazy amounts of money.

So, who exactly is he waiting for?

Secondly, I agree we have the right GM for rebuilding...Do we have the right one to compete in the AL East though? That I am not sure about.

I can tell you this...So far, this has been the disappointing offseason I felt it would be...AM hasn't done a good job of taking advantage of our resources thus far this offseason.

Come on the Orioles were a joke under Beatigan and Duq and Flanny.

And the offseason isn't over yet.

Come on the Orioles were a joke under Beatigan and Duq and Flanny.

And the offseason isn't over yet.

What does that have to do with anything?

Great, AM is making us look better in the eyes of the media...Fantastic!

Now, lets win...After all, that is the reason they play the game, right?

Just ask Herm Edwards:

What does that have to do with anything?

Great, AM is making us look better in the eyes of the media...Fantastic!

Now, lets win...After all, that is the reason they play the game, right?

Just ask Herm Edwards:

Hey! They could addresss the big hole at SS next offseason. With a guy who is free with the last name Reyes.

This is a broad stroke Peace. I'd say more fans are happy with MacPhail than not. However, even if MacPhail had somehow signed Lackey & Holliday, along with Mike Gonzalez, traded for a long-term shortstop, and maneuvered to add Prince Fielder without giving up any of The Core- some would still complain. It's the nature of being a fan- for some. However, for those who are not pleased... I go into that a bit in my reply below to SG.

I agree that the jury is still out on MacPhail's ability to advance us to the next level, though I believe he has earned a 'B' grade thus far.

I believe it's fair to question his methods and potential missed opportunities, despite the backlash of many of his supporters. I am a MacPhail fan, yet understand the frustrations of those who are less so. I believe by this time next year that our opinion of Andy MacPhail could become more polarized, as the available monies/resources that have not yet been spent- will be.

Who is available next year that is such a big deal that you save up for him?

Beckett? Yea right..No way AM is giving out a 5+ year contract to a pitcher.

Mauer? No chance.

Guys like Carlos Pena and Derek Lee aren't going to cost crazy amounts of money.

So, who exactly is he waiting for?

The lack of viable free agents next year is why I think we should be in on Holliday if we can get him in the 5/85 range. Holliday is a better long term option than either Carlos Pena or Derek Lee. We could then move Reimold to first or in trade for a prospect.

The lack of significant free agents next year is why I think we should be in on Holliday if we can get him in the 5/85 range. Holliday is a better long term option than either Carlos Pena or Derek Lee. We could then move Reimold to first or in trade for a prospect.

While this MAY be true, Lee or Pena on a 2-3 year deal may still be the better contract though.

The lack of viable free agents next year is why I think we should be in on Holliday if we can get him in the 5/85 range. Holliday is a better long term option than either Carlos Pena or Derek Lee. We could then move Reimold to first or in trade for a prospect.

This.

megaletters

Archived