Urban Meyer stepping down as FLA head coach

PaulBako

It's great news for the Meyer family. They're rich and now they get their father/husband back for a change. No way they lose. FL likely is losing on it, but no way the Meyer family is.

Evidently, he's been having stress-related chest pains for quite some time...

I'd say that his poor health is not good news for his family, but that's just me.

I'd say that his poor health is not good news for his family, but that's just me.

AFAIK, it's not that he's in "poor health". It's not like he's got some condition that interferes with his life. Rather, he's intervening in his own stress patterns to prevent the bad heart stuff that runs in his family rather than just ignoring it until he has a heart attack or something. I figure, "good for him"...

Good news for us. But Adazio is dumber than a rock from what I've heard.

I've met him a few times over the years starting when he was at Syracuse and later when he was at Notre Dame and have been impressed. However in all fairness to rocks I must admit that I'm not a geologist.

My favorite comment on EDSBS so far (by a Gator fan):

If I were a Bama fan, I really don’t know which I’d cherish more: (1) a national championship, or (2) beating Florida so bad that their coach has to take an indefinite leave of absence to recover physically.

I'd obviously cherish a NC more, but #2 is a close second and one helluva consolation prize. Both would be optimal.

Saban mobilize. Next target: Mack Brown's liver...

My favorite comment on EDSBS so far (by a Gator fan):

I'd obviously cherish a NC more, but #2 is a close second and one helluva consolation prize. Both would be optimal.

Saban mobilize. Next target: Mack Brown's liver...

This post would really make me laugh if I could tolerate Nick Saban. I even used to like seeing Bama do well...and then they hired Coach Sleezeball.;)

This post would really make me laugh if I could tolerate Nick Saban. I even used to like seeing Bama do well...and then they hired Coach Sleezeball.;)

Hold out another couple of years and you can like seeing Bama do well again... We're rapidly approaching the point in Saban's tenure where he'll be looking for his next gig.

I've never understood the Saban hate, but I'm biased. It's not like he's Bobby Petrino.

Hold out another couple of years and you can like seeing Bama do well again... We're rapidly approaching the point in Saban's tenure where he'll be looking for his next gig.

It is better to have loved and lost... yada yada yada.

If Saban decides he wants to leave, the people of Alabama are going to make it a very hard decision for him. "What is Mack Brown getting paid? WE'LL DOUBLE IT!!!" It's creepy how much people love him down here.

It is better to have loved and lost... yada yada yada.

No doubt. And whomever the next coach is, he will inherit a top notch program in excellent shape.

If Saban decides he wants to leave, the people of Alabama are going to make it a very hard decision for him. "What is Mack Brown getting paid? WE'LL DOUBLE IT!!!" It's creepy how much people love him down here.

It seems to me he gets bored in one place too long. I thought when he was hired, 5 years would be his max tenure and I still believe that will be the case no matter how much he's offered.

It seems to me he gets bored in one place too long. I thought when he was hired, 5 years would be his max tenure and I still believe that will be the case no matter how much he's offered.

Saban strikes me as the Larry Brown of football. As ugly as his departure from Miami was, I wouldn't be surprised if his next gig after Alabama is back in the NFL.

Archived