Time to trade Felix Pie

SilentJames

According to Roch's newest post

http://masnsports.com/2009/12/the-outfield-and-more-on-steve.html

Felix has no real role on this team outside of CF or fourth outfielder.

the team views Jones as the CF of the present and future and Pie was atrocious in left and not a significant upgrade over Riemold.

Given that I think we need to trade Felix, he is too good to be a fourth outfielder and Lou Montanez can do that just as effectively. If Felix is good enough to be a starter somewhere in the league, what could we get for him?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the team views Jones as the CF of the present and future and Pie was atrocious in left and not a significant upgrade over Riemold.

Given that I think we need to trade Felix, he is too good to be a fourth outfielder and Lou Montanez can do that just as effectively. If Felix is good enough to be a starter somewhere in the league, what could we get for him?

If any of our OF go down with injury, I would rather have Felix in there instead of Lou.

I think we should keep him unless we can get a solid starter prospect or a 1B prospect. I don't think he has that much value in a trade right now.

After half a season or so (for both guys, who were both switching positions), I think this debate is far from over. Pie and Reimold could both be better or regress this season in the field.

I don't necessarily disagree with the OP tho.

Don't overlook this in the comments section:

Totally, I am not suggesting you let him go for a song. And if Felix is happy being a fourth outfielder then so be it. but if he IS good enough to be a starter then we could get something significant for him then he is the one that should be traded.

Totally, I am not suggesting you let him go for a song. And if Felix is happy being a fourth outfielder then so be it. but if he IS good enough to be a starter then we could get something significant for him then he is the one that should be traded.

What is significant? If someone had a Felix clone that could play SS or 3B, then maybe. However, he could be very valuable to us and I'd prefer to let him have another year to develop and then we'll see what OF we want to trade.

If no additional moves are made, I don't understand why they don't want Scott learning first base. If he could make that transition, then you'd have 5 guys for 5 positions. You wouldn't need to carry any extra outfielders giving the team a roster spot for a righty like Garko to face lefties.

against righties:

Pie LF

Reimold DH

Scott 1B

against lefties:

Reimold LF

Wigginton DH

Garko 1B

There are many here who may agree with you Gold but there are also many who would heavily disagree. Lou is a useful piece. 4th OF, spot starter, decent bat. Quite honestly, I would rather have him in left than Scott. Better jump, more range. But that is just my opinion, which I am sure many here would disagree with also. Just don't throw Lou out until we get an idea of where Pie and Scott will end up.

If the Pie we saw in August is he real deal, it would be crazy to trade him now. Get him 400 AB this season and let him continue to develop. If he hasn't forced his way to starting CF, then trade him. He'll have a lot more value. BTW Felix played LF primarily early in the season when he was just learning the position. Even so FB had him at a -3 to Remold's -15. Roch may not think it's a significant difference, but I do.

What is significant? If someone had a Felix clone that could play SS or 3B, then maybe. However, he could be very valuable to us and I'd prefer to let him have another year to develop and then we'll see what OF we want to trade.
Hey, there's an idea. Maybe we could switch him to SS. He's got the tools?:scratchchinhmm::laughlol:

Archived