International FAILURES Continue...

Stotle

I live in Managua, Nicaragua. 30 minutes away from Granada, the city where Dennis Martinez was born.
How come you're an O's fan? Are you old enough to remember when Dennis pitched for the Orioles?
Yes. I'm 32 years old and have a great memory :)

I've been following the O's since I was 4-5 years old.

Anyway, we have scouts here from most MLB teams, except The O's of course. The Diamondbacks signed Vicente Padilla for almost nothing and he won some games for them.

Colorado signed Cabrera (Padres new SS) for a few bucks, too.

Because we were talking about Dennis Martinez, I looked him up. I didn't reallize that he's got 3999.67 IP. That's crazy. The man is just 1 out shy of 4000 IP. Maybe everybody else knew it, but I didn't. You'd think one of his old teams would let him come back in a game that doesn't matter to get 1 measly out.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because we were talking about Dennis Martinez, I looked him up. I didn't reallize that he's got 3999.67 IP. That's crazy. The man is just 1 out shy of 4000 IP. Maybe everybody else knew it, but I didn't. You'd think one of his old teams would let him come back in a game that doesn't matter to get 1 measly out.

I know, that was crazy....

He was very durable, too bad he had problems with alcohol early in his career. Might have had a shot at 280-300 Wins.

The O's signed 36 players from Latin America, 1 from Guatamala, and another from Australia. Those were just reported since the end of the season. Would it make it seem better if they announced one signing every 3 days?

I would not mind if they announced it everyday, that kind of talent needs special attention and introduction. That Cuban pitcher is not any prospect.

The O's signed 36 players from Latin America, 1 from Guatamala, and another from Australia. Those were just reported since the end of the season. Would it make it seem better if they announced one signing every 3 days?

Can you imagine the mud our FO would be put through with every announced $50k signing? Ha ha.

Then they need to hire more scouts so they can be there.

Then lots of teams need to hire more scouts, because not all teams (minus the Orioles) are attending all 25 games; I guarantee it.

And what are they doing instead of watching these games? Sitting around doing nothing? Or are they scouting elsewhere?

Archived