International FAILURES Continue...

Stotle

As for your point about how to allocate resources, I did not comment because I do not trust my knowlege of the young international to the extent that I think my opinions have much merit.
Yeah me neither. I was kind of hoping guys like Stotle would have some input there, its probably better for another thread another time, don't wanna derail this from the main topic of how stupid the Orioles are for not having a bigger presence in the DR.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dominican is one area where AM has his hands tied a bit. The guys who have been running the DR department for years are very entrenched with let's say, "upper management."

I've been told a lot so of stories that I can't really get into, but let's just say none of this surprises me. The guys running the show down there have been running it this way for years and years and it's the reason why no matter how many "better facilities" we build our DR talent train is not going to improve until we clean house.

So Peter's kids run the DR department?

Doesn't that just fill you up with confidence for if/when he hands the team over to them?

I agree there is little excuse for still having so few scouts around the world. That seems like an easy fix to me, although of course the intricacies of setting something like that up are completely unknown to me.

And I probably know even less than you do. But if there is a reason that in 2 1/2 years MacPhail couldn't have set up the necessary infrastructure in the D.R. that would enable O's scouts to regularly see these games, then I'd like to hear it. I hope that somehow that story gets back to the Warehouse and that someone responds to it, and either refutes its validity with hard facts or explains why it is true. And if it's true, I have to believe Sports Guy's is right. They just don't care.

Doesn't that just fill you up with confidence for if/when he hands the team over to them?

John is supposedly already running the business side of things from what I've heard...

Peter's supposedly stepped back a bit.

This could turn into a Steinbrenner situation and I have better feelings about Hank more than I do John and Lou...

This has nothing to do with the sons. Well, let me clarify that, it has nothing to do with his biological sons. There are still some "favorite" sons working in the organization in key positions.

Yeah me neither. I was kind of hoping guys like Stotle would have some input there, its probably better for another thread another time, don't wanna derail this from the main topic of how stupid the Orioles are for not having a bigger presence in the DR.

I'm happy to discuss, but agree this is not the forum (or thread, I guess :)).

The Dominican is one area where AM has his hands tied a bit. The guys who have been running the DR department for years are very entrenched with let's say, "upper management."

I've been told a lot so of stories that I can't really get into, but let's just say none of this surprises me. The guys running the show down there have been running it this way for years and years and it's the reason why no matter how many "better facilities" we build our DR talent train is not going to improve until we clean house.

That's more disappointing than the OP itself.

This has nothing to do with the sons. Well, let me clarify that, it has nothing to do with his biological sons. There are still some "favorite" sons working in the organization in key positions.

Is the President of Baseball operations one of those sons?

Hey we finally know what Flanny's been doing! :laughlol:

Well, now I'm depressed.

Archived