Let's go for it.

wildcard

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really, what on God's Green Earth would be wrong with 83-85 wins from an Oriole team in 2010? If that happened we all ought to be turning cartwheels in the street, and high fiving each other all season long. Especially, if all it took was to sign Tejada, Delgado and Bedard, i.e. no loss of our young talent!

Some of the posts on this site just never cease to amaze me!:(:confused::rolleyestf:

No truer words were ever spoken through false teeth, Old#5fan. That's twenty more wins than last season! What more could we possibly expect in one year?

I think that would a pretty fun team to watch, expecially if Delgado comes back strong. Miggy may be a bit weak as a 3B (both offensively and defensively), but his presence allows us not to waste a roster spot on Andino. Miggy could play 25-40 games at SS and that would be a huge offensive upgrade.

I really enjoyed Miggy when he was here, and was sorry things kind of soured on him. Having him back under these circumstances would be entertaining.

My big concern is, what can you do to get Bell and Snyder up here when they are ready? That's a crowded infield.

This team could win 83-85 games anyway, if the starting pitching performs.

I definitely agree with this. The team's offense should be OK. If Guthrie and Millwood pitch around 200 innings at a 4 or so clip, Matusz breaks out, and Bergesen picks up where he left off, then this team could win some ballgames!

This team could win 83-85 games anyway, if the starting pitching performs.

:rofl::rofl::laughlol::mwahaha:Jim Palmer, Dave McNally and Mike Cueller pitching like they did in 1969 couldn't get this team to 85 wins with the current offense. You are living on Fantasy Island if you think this team is going to win more than 7 games over last season no matter what the young pitching does. It just ain't happening without some proven hitting added.

In 1991, the Twins beat the Braves 4 games to 3 in the World Series.

The previous season, both teams finished last in their respective divisions.

Maybe you ought to compare the talent and pitching on the Twins that season to the talent on the Yankees, Boston, Rays and Orioles now. I think you would probably find the Twins might finish second or third in the AL East if they were lucky, and the Orioles have done nothing to give them more than 5-7 wins at the most (if that).

Oh, so you simply start out in first place and being the division worst team and go wire to wire? Please share with me what you have been smoking!:rolleyes:

That's pretty much what Tampa did 2 years ago, no?

No point in getting too far off on this tangent. This isn't happening for the O's in 2010, even with the players wildcard suggests.

Archived