Kiffin to USC

CrimsonTribe

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a scumbag. Wouldn't expect anything less than for him to ditch the players that he cared about so much during the recruiting process last year in between his verbal sparring with coaches. It was apparent that he was more interested in making waves than improving football at UT. Yes he did improvethe team, but it couldn't have gotten much worse...

I can't imagine him being successful at USC, especially if a lot of Pete's players now decide to transfer since he's gone. Barkley staying will help of course. USC was nothing before Pete and I find it hard to believe that any recruits will fall for Kiffins ploys after his one-and-done at UT. Despite my hatred for the man and this move, hard to blame him. USC is one of the best gigs in the country.

How can any recruit take him seriously now? As soon as the NFL comes calling (if he's so lucky), there he goes! One month, one year or two years from now, he's gone from USC too.

I really dont think he is a good coach, he is riding off his name from his dad. He is cocky and he hasnt done anything in coaching, the guy is a joke of a person and a coach.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/photos/galleries/2010/jan/12/campus-scenes-lane-kiffins-last-day/

I highly recommend this photo gallery. Plus Deadspin has some videos of the student reaction. A thousand waited at the football complex until forced to leave by police, and 30 actually tried to get inside and storm his press conferences.

There's a lot of royally pissed-off Volunteers tonight.

EDIT: They're rioting. What a bunch of weirdos. Don't they know that they go to Tennessee, not Maryland? *scoffs*

Bet Knoxville police won't commit more that a handful of brutality incidents. Amateurs.

I'm not positive, but I think Pat Forde thinks USC made a poor choice...:D

Some of my favorite excerpts.

Seriously, why not? Why wouldn't he just keep rising up the coaching ranks on the basis of nothing much at all?
Paris Hilton has paid more dues than Lane Kiffin.
Kiffin comes across as a guy who was born on third base and acts as if he hit a triple
So there is a lot to question about this hire, and about the meteoric rise of mediocre Lane Kiffin.

Regarding his ability to coach, I think he won over us Vol fans when Jonathan Crompton transformed from the worst quarterback we'd ever seen (2008) into a half-way decent QB (a few games into 2009). We were convinced that would never happen, so we took for granted that Kiffin's coaching abilities equaled the hype.

I wish I was still going to UT. I'd have been right with the revelers. What upsets me the most is that the UT football job is not a stepping stone to anything. To act like we're inferior to another program is so insulting to us. This bitter taste will last a long time.

I'm just surprised that USC would hire a coach who has a history of getting in trouble with the NCAA.

Pete probably left cause he couldn't handle the heat (even though he won't say it) and now you bring a guy in who the NCAA already has their eye on? REALLY?

I wish I was still going to UT. I'd have been right with the revelers. What upsets me the most is that the UT football job is not a stepping stone to anything. To act like we're inferior to another program is so insulting to us. This bitter taste will last a long time.

Nothing to get to insulted about... Most programs - even a lot of good ones are inferior to the USC program.

Archived