New York Yankees donate $500K to Haiti relief efforts..

beaner

You can donate $10 via the Clinton Foundation by texting a message to 20222. It responds with a confirmation message to which you reply YES.

Apparently, Bill Clinton is the UN Special Envoy to Haiti, has been for awhile, so his foundation is on the forefront of the relief effort.

"What happened in Haiti is a tragedy, something terrible, a sister country with which we share a common island," Tejada said to ESPNdeportes.com during a telephone interview from his Fort Lauderdale home.

"I've authorized my staff to prepare a shipment to help the needy people in Haiti as soon as possible. The plan is to fill up a container van with items needed in an emergency. In these situations, they would need water, canned food, medicine, powdered milk and kids' clothes."

Tejada said that the Haitian Consulate in Miami would be in charge of channeling the aid, and he encouraged others to coordinate any aid efforts through the consulate. The 2002 American League MVP wants all of his MLB colleagues, particularly Dominicans, to step up and help the victims.

"Everyone who can help should," he said. "I heard that among the victims there are a lot of Dominicans who work in organizations and companies established in Haiti."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100113&content_id=7913434&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Gotta love Miggy.

Archived