When will we be good again?

CarlWinslow

I know I am late to this thread but I thought I would share a fact with everyone.

Andy McPhail was hired In June 2007 as the President of Baseball Operations.

I've checked and rechecked my math on this. That means he has held the job for less than three years. OK. I know I am new here, so if I am over stepping just say so. Is this time period really enough to judge him?

IMO he really has done a very good job to date.

I agree with you, and personally, I don't care about what happened the last twelve years, I care about what has happened the last 2.5 years, and so far I'm pretty happy with that.This year will go a long way towards seeing if the plan is working.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very entertaining thread. Here's what I don't get. How can people possibly think AM is just another Peter pawn and is not rebuilding this organization? It makes no sense.

And who can argue with the following plan?

1. First, have owner give up control. This has been our fantasy, and it has happened.

2. Spend more money on the draft.

3. Ramp up international scouting.

4. On the major league level, realize completely relying on FAs is too risky and unsustainable over a long term, so build a core of young talent that can compete year after year.

5. Lock up said young talent when appropriate.

6. Spend money on key FA targets when that young core and young pitching are ready. (This part takes patience.)

If someone has a better way of becoming competitive over the long term in the AL East, please share.

Nobody is saying you don't have the right to do that. All I'm saying is that you should quit being surprised when other folks say that you aren't reasonable when they try to discuss things with you. Because you're not. On the one hand, you claim that you are, but then you go right back to acting like you're not. So, what do you think people are gonna believe? What you say you want to do, or what you actually do?

You mean like how Angelos says he want to improve the club year after year and does nothing substantial?

MSK

Archived