The worst theory in the history of the OH

Moose Milligan

We would have down to standing room only....people would ask if they have seats...or if they had to stand in a certain spot the whole game.

Well, this might make me sound like a dope, but I don't know where you can and cannot go on a standing room ticket at OPACY. I never had one. What's the story?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I havent read through all that much of this thread, but since PA is being discussed, I just thought Id share what I know about his current role with the team-

Since MacPhail got here, PA has literally handed him the keys to the car. Over the last year, PA has almost removed himself completely. He IS NOT involved in the day to day operations. I dont know for sure and am speculating, but Id be shocked if he even knew about any of the most recent offseason moves before they officially went down. And if he did know it merely a call to alert him of the moves. PA is so preoccupied with the Exxon case currently, and because of that, and the fact that he has placed all his trust in MacPhail, he has not been involved whatsoever in the day to day operations of the team.

I'm surprised that this post didn't get a reaction here. You appear to have some personal knowledge of PA and his law practice.

I'm surprised that this post didn't get a reaction here.

Why? It doesn't fit the agenda of the people who like to blame everything that happens on Angelos, so they will simply ignore it.

The guy made some terrible mistakes in running this franchise, but over the last several seasons he has let MacPhail run the show.

Do they use all the space in the warehouse, or is some of it just sitting there empty? Or do they rent space out to others?

If they use it all, how? I never really thought about it, but off the top of my head, I can't imagine what they'd use it all for...

Where in there is the GM's office? Is it a big mega-suite, or just an inner office with an outer office and little conference room, or what?

They do rent out some of the space on the opposite end...Used to be some law offices and architectural firms in there..not sure if that is still the case.

The bottom floor of the warehouse closest to the Babe Ruth statue and the numbers is the ticket booths...Second floor is sales, PR, CR, etc....Third floor is baseball ops.

Conference room is up there next to GMs office IIRC...The GMs office is pretty big..has an office where you enter with the secretary and then there is another office for the GM...Its like a suite basically.

I don;'t think that that PA is mearly trying to extract as much money as possible, if he was we would have a much smaller payroll, as the Marlins prove is possible.

I don't think he has been a good owner but he isin't trying to loot the team either.

They do rent out some of the space on the opposite end...Used to be some law offices and architectural firms in there..not sure if that is still the case.

The bottom floor of the warehouse closest to the Babe Ruth statue and the numbers is the ticket booths...Second floor is sales, PR, CR, etc....Third floor is baseball ops.

What's CR mean?

Conference room is up there next to GMs office IIRC...The GMs office is pretty big..has an office where you enter with the secretary and then there is another office for the GM...Its like a suite basically.

If Matt wanted to hit one through AM's window, do you know which window he should aim at?

Archived