MacPhail:"this week we would put the finishing touches on" the roster."

wildcard

Uh, you didn't see the other post earlier on this thread where Sheets has already said he wants no part of Baltimore (can't really say that I blame him either).:(

No. I read it. It's just that I don't take the board member at his word. I am not saying he is lying or inaccurate either. I do suggest that an injured player without a contract might be willing to show what he can still do. Even if the guy would never sign a contract with Baltimore I would expect the team to scout him and his arm.

I do agree it really stinks if that is the way the guy feels about the Orioles though:(

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. I read it. It's just that I don't take the board member at his word. I am not saying he is lying or inaccurate either. I do suggest that an injured player without a contract might be willing to show what he can still do. Even if the guy would never sign a contract with Baltimore I would expect the team to scout him and his arm.

I do agree it really stinks if that is the way the guy feels about the Orioles though:(

I thought there was a link to the story (but maybe I am wrong).

I thought there was a link to the story (but maybe I am wrong).

http://masnsports.com/2010/01/this-that-and-the-other-34.html

Read the comments section and Roch's response. Sheets wants NO part of Baltimore, whether Coyote wants to believe ME or not. ;)

Or maybe he doesn't believe Roch either????

AM seems to contradict himself when it comes to Tejada. AM says he wants a third basemen who is not a defensive liability. Miguel Tejada has never played third base before and therefore could be a defensive liability at third. The Orioles are kind of stuck in a tough spot here. Do they sign Crede who is known to be a good defensive third basemen or do they sign Tejada who will provide alot more offense.

I am just going to go ahead and say it. If Miguel Tejada really wants to come back to Baltimore and has a good attitude, I say be bold and sign him. We could trade him or release him if he absolutely stinks up the joint. Another positive about Tejada is that he is alot more durable than Crede.

Andrew,

He hasn't let anybody see his medical records. Yet all these clubs are interested in him still.

Can you cite a source on that piece of information please?

I remember it was being bounced around in another thread but if I recall, it was conjecture.

I could be wrong though.

If we sign Crede and move Atkins to 1B, we may have actually found a way to downgrade our production at 1B/3B from last year. Ugh.

Atkins & Crede, 2007 -- .306/.365/.487, 29 HR 133 RBI (862 PA)

Huff & Mora, 2007 ------.277/.339/.427, 29 HR 130 RBI (1130 PA)

Atkins & Crede, 2008 -- .273/.323/.456, 38 HR 154 RBI (1037 PA)

Huff & Mora, 2008 ----- .295/.352/.520, 55 HR, 212 RBI (1231 PA)

Atkins & Crede, 2009 -- .226/.299/.377, 24 HR, 96 RBI (766 PA)

Huff & Mora, 2009 ----- .249/.315/.372, 23 HR, 133 RBI (1093 PA)

Adjust Atkins' numbers to remove the Coors effect and it would look even worse.

So, we put Pie on the bench so we can watch Crede and Atkins? LOL...Just when you think this organization is turning the corner in terms of decision making, they go and do things like this.

At least the stupidity is consistent, I will give them that.

Signing Crede and moving Atkins to 1B is like a drunk pouring out all the alcohol in the house when they are sober to stop themselves from drinking later on. It's like MacPhail is making moves that will guarantee Bell and Snyder a chance to play in 2010.

That's good and all, to give them a chance, but it would be nice to see the Orioles make some moves with upside too.

It feels like 2003 all over again. Omar Daal, Deivi Cruz...

Where is the sense in doing that? I would think a guy who has been out a whole year and is commanding a big payday would be willing to show he is repaired and 100%. The Orioles asked and he(Sheets) said nope.

If the Orioles asked and he said nope, then nope. I wouldn't have sent anybody either.

So, we put Pie on the bench so we can watch Crede and Atkins? LOL...Just when you think this organization is turning the corner in terms of decision making, they go and do things like this.

At least the stupidity is consistent, I will give them that.

What does this have to do with Pie? Very little, IMO. It is far more likely to cost Wigginton and Scott AB than it is to affect Pie.

Signing Crede and moving Atkins to 1B is like a drunk pouring out all the alcohol in the house when they are sober to stop themselves from drinking later on. It's like MacPhail is making moves that will guarantee Bell and Snyder a chance to play in 2010.

That's good and all, to give them a chance, but it would be nice to see the Orioles make some moves with upside too.

It feels like 2003 all over again. Omar Daal, Deivi Cruz...

:puke:

I wouldn't go quite THAT far, but I see your point!

That is scary looking at it that way. Still I think Garrett Atkins at 1B or 3B is an improvement over Melvin Mora in 09

As for Tejada, I suspect if he is still athletic enough for SS then he would be more than capable at 3B and still be able to handle SS if injury dictated he move back to SS.

It may not matter if And McPhail isn't interested in Tejada. I just think he makes more sense as a projected 3B than Crede / Atkins mix on the corners that we are currently reading so much about.

He hasn't let anybody see his medical records. Yet all these clubs are interested in him still.

I'm sure he will let clubs see them that are interested enough as the two sides move closer to a deal.

It's sending a guy, probably Lee MacPhail to LA a for a day. Are we too cheap to provide a plane ticket?

BUZZZ::

Thanks for playing but wrong again. The Mets saw his medical records in November and "shied away". So when the Orioles asked for the medical records in December and they were not produced the Orioles are obviously not going to be interested.

Thanks for playing though.

http://metsfever.blogspot.com/2009/11/mets-interested-in-ben-sheets.html

BUZZZ::

Thanks for playing but wrong again. The Mets saw his medical records in November and "shied away". So when the Orioles asked for the medical records in December and they were not produced the Orioles are obviously not going to be interested.

Thanks for playing though.

http://metsfever.blogspot.com/2009/11/mets-interested-in-ben-sheets.html

Please stop letting facts get in the way of Trea's conspiracy theories! :D

Archived